Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bc
Asteroid

Can't update after factory reset on TAB 10.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I did the factory reset on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, now the the System update won't work, it'll say "Connection Failed".  Can I download the system update to a PC, transfer it to the tablet and execute it over there?  Where can I get this download?  Really appreciate for any help!

bc

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't update after factory reset on TAB 10.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Unfortunately to copy the system over from a PC you would need to root the tablet, which isn't recommended. You do have the option to visit a Best Buy location and see one of their Samsung Experience Shop representatives for a complimentary re-flash to re-install the operating system for your tablet. Hope this helps! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there! What is the full model code of the Tab please? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, it's GT-P7510, I brought this 5 years ago, haven't used it in a year, when I turned it on recently, it just kept poppingup those anroid error, so I did the factory reset, hoping to start fresh.  Appreciate  your reply.

bc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think the full model # is  P7510UWVXAR, not 100% sure cause I can't confirm that.  Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Unfortunately to copy the system over from a PC you would need to root the tablet, which isn't recommended. You do have the option to visit a Best Buy location and see one of their Samsung Experience Shop representatives for a complimentary re-flash to re-install the operating system for your tablet. Hope this helps! 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

bc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is this re-fresh at best buy different than the factory reset I did on the tablet myself?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is, they are very similar in that they wipe the tablet of the information. However, the re-flash actually removes the entire operating system and installs a brand new one. The factory reset simply takes the tablet back to factory settings with the same operating system version as what was shipped. 

bc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

many thanks!  I'll give it a try.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions!