JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot STOP trending searches and predictions when I use the Google search widget

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 01:02 PM)
Options
Tablets

No matter what I do or where I go to do it...I cannot STOP trending searches and predictions when I use the Google search widget...HELP😭

8 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Hello there, this is definitely interesting and a completely normal request. From personal experience, I usually open a new tab and select the three dots in the top right corner of the page for further options. once the additional window opens select the settings option (this is normally located towards the bottom of the list) and from setting> Privacy, search, and services> Address bar and search from here you should see two related options you can adjust:

1. Show me search and site suggestions using my typed characters
  2. Show me suggestions from history, favorites, and other data on this device using my typed characters

I hope this helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Tablets

I am using Samsung tab s7plus...I have looked for these things in chrome..they are not there.
I can get settings and privacy..but that's it...the others are not there😪

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I have them all turned off....stillll happening.
Got rid of this once before and was perfect....then lately started again and can't get rid of it...soooo annoying!!!
0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

I completely understand how that can be annoying and regrettably at this time due to this issue being related to the search engine "Google" and not the device itself, I would recommend reaching out to Google support for further assistance if available. I included the link directly here: Support to proceed. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I see no link
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

We're glad to be of assistance 🙂

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hi Joy,  the link is the word "support".  I'm including a link here as well: https://support.google.com/websearch/?hl=en#topic=3378866.  We apologize for any frustrations that this may have caused.  

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Sorry..thanks much❤
0 Likes