Original topic:

Cannot locate (not pro) S Pen within my tablet. Please help!

(Topic created: 07-31-2022 02:50 AM)
WannurSyafiqah74
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

(as the title implies, my pen is not a Pro version. Kinda crappy SmartThings can only detect that.)

Update 1: an old S3 pen and such (which aren't too old, I assume) are compatible with the tablet I use, but I still cannot locate it nor remember where I placed the pen, still. Please help. I do theorize it might have rolled away, and wasn't stolen by any pests.

Update 2: it seems that the pen is nowhere in this house. I thought it wouldn't have been stolen by any pest behind my back, but here we are.

Quick query: I lost my S Pen and forgot, or didn't see, where it was. I don't want it replaced but I really wanna get help locating it by now. I wasn't prepared for this to happen, but it did.

Tried everything:

• I tried settings, couldn't enable the S Pen alarm as it wasn't nearby
  • Tried apps like SmartThings, Wunderfind and S Pen Keeper, couldn't do anything because it was far away and not detectable
  • Looked everywhere in Google, only got the bare minimum, amongst the sea of some dubious online tips, Wacom results, terrible ""Q&A"" sites like Bookvea, and unrelated Google Books results
  • Letting others search around the house, to no luck. Every room we had so far did not have anything. Our house is mostly pest-free so I have no idea what happened

Please help. I was irresponsible and I'd rather find it than get a replacement.

6 Replies
Oxford
Supernova
Options
Tablets
If I'm understanding your question correctly you have the original S-Pen for tablets that does not have Bluetooth capability, correct? If that's the case, since it does not have bluetooth, you will not be able to locate it with find my S-Pen feature.
0 Likes
WannurSyafiqah74
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I see, thanks for the tip - might as well consider physically tracking it down, then. I did know from my Google searching it was a prebuilt BlueTooth connection but I suspected it wasn't a legit one, or something.

0 Likes
WannurSyafiqah74
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@OxfordTried searching around the house. Even considered rooms I didn't go into. Unfortunately, while I didn't want to search for a while myself, I could not retrieve it. My memory is also not helping, so with searching in real life, are there any tips?

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You never mentioned which tablet you had but unless it is a tablet that supports a Bluetooth S-Pen then it is a passive S-Pen which only works in interaction with the S-Pen screen in your tablet or phone.  The only option that you may have with your device is to set up a warning alarm when you move away from your S-Pen with your device..like you get up and start to walk away with the pen still on the desk.  But that's it.  There is no electronic way to find your S-Pen.

The sure way to find it is to buy another and then it will show up right after that 😉

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
WannurSyafiqah74
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@bill-e It's a Galaxy Tab S7 FE. Searching in real life is a best bet because I don't intend on replacements. However, I'll have to look for new methods, I suppose. Especially if there's something to scan around the house, since I found out there's probably no complicated x-ray to see through rooms.

0 Likes
WannurSyafiqah74
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Update: it seems to be nowhere in this house. I just wonder if any metal detecting app works well, but specifically one for the S Pen. It seems those apps have a problem with also detecting trash that happens to have metal.

0 Likes