cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marg52
Cosmic Ray

Re: Charging time for Tab S 10.5........Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far they have. I received an EMAIL and UPS label and sent it off Fri. Was sent to NJ from Ct so they should get it today or tomorrow I'd assume. i'll keep you all posted here. Hoping for the best !!!!

Bill

marg52
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OUTSTANDING customer support!!!!!!!!!

As mentioned I sent our tablet out Friday, the 10th. Monday the 13th at 1:15 pm I received an EMAIL from Samsung Support saying they had received our tablet. At 3:33 the same day (Monday 13th) I received another EMAIL saying the unit had been repaired, just 2 hours after they received it. Than, still Monday at 3:39 (only 6 minutes after the unit repaired EMAIL from Samsung), I received an EMAIL from UPS saying it would be delivered today!! At 1:59 today we had our tablet back. My wife has been using it most of the afternoon and it appears to be fixed, no charging issues at all. In fact it's charging like it did when we first purchased it in August. I can't even begin to think of words to describe how quickly and thoroughly this whole event transpired. That's not to mention how quickly and professionally the Samsung individuals that I dealt with were. While no one wants to have to use a companies "Support Group", if it does become necessary and it's even half as good as our experience with Samsung I'd have to say you'll be fine. It also adds an extreme positive consideration when looking at other products down the road. This has been without a doubt the best interaction with a companies Support Group than any I've ever had. For us it's an even bigger deal because when she goes in for treatment this coming Monday she'll have her tablet to occupy her and help the time go by.

So a big Thank You to everyone at Samsung for "exceptional" service!!

Sincerely,

Bill

marg52
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should have added a HUGE kudos to this forum and those who helped me through this here. A big Thank You to all of you also !!! Definately a very valuable asset for Samsung owners.

Bill

Sherry
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi m having same issues. Sent it to Canopy for repair and sent it back with new Batt. Still no good. So before I send it back again I bought a new charger and cord from Samsung. Didnt help. Sent it in again and they replaced the Batt again and the charger port. Just got it back. Batt was at 28 percent so I put on charger. after 11.5 hours on charge Batt was still only at 82 percent. Got up this am and it was 100 percent. Going to use it and wait till it gets down to about 20 percent and see how long it takes to charge. I understand the first charge on a new Batt can take longer. Not good when it spends more time on charge then use. HELP. What did it cost you to have Samsung fix it and what was wrong? Any help would be great. Mine was bought new in Dec. 14. Just alittle over a year old.

marg52
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sherry,

Ours was still under warranty so they fixed it under that. In our case it did turn out to be the charging port so I'd give it a day or so. As you mentioned a new battery can take a bit longer to charge. Ours has been fine since we got it back. HTH.

Bill

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sherry, did you set this service up through Samsung? If so, can you please provide the transaction number? Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Sherry
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still having charging issues. Im really getting anouyed at this thing. 2 times in for repair. Down to 15 % last nite. Put on charge at 10:20 last nite and this am at 8:20 it was still only at 52%.; Spends more time on charger then use. Not happy. Help!!!!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sherry,
Can you please provide the transaction number for this repair? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Sherry
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got tab back from Asurion. This time they say they replaced mainboard and batt.  when batt is at 15% it still takes 17 hrs to charge. Does last 2 day once charged. Is it true you should always wait for batt to get to around 15% before you charge, or can you put back on charger anytime. I also am finding that the tab s 10.5 is no longer availible. So I my have to live with this issue. Any info would be great. thanx