Original topic:

Chromebook Plus XE521QAB-K01US DEFECTIVE HINGE

(Topic created: 04-30-2021 02:32 PM)
useriqBYNyhd1q
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Last night with seemingly no warning, the right hinge on my Chromebook ruptured, destroying the screen.

I went to look up how much this Book costs new as I purchased it in June 2019, so no warranty, and repairs are costly. I was shocked to find so many reviewers with the exact same problem. I've reached out to customer service, who directed me here, but I'm getting cynical. Clearly, with so many people like myself whose Book was lightly used, treated extremely well, and under 2 years old, this product is defective. I'm being told that after spending hundreds of dollars that I can spend hundreds more to send it for repairs when this is clearly not my fault, but a fault in design. Why is a defective product still being sold? Why has this not been recalled?

1 Reply
userSd7g5QGc4D
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The exact same thing happened to me last night! Same side. I just opened it up as usual and it cracked my screen and shattered the glass in the corner where the hinge popped out.  I also was shocked to see that so many people have the same issue. I love my chrome book, and am very surprised that Samsung is not fixing this issue for their customers, I was under the impression that they had a great reputation for customer service. Have you heard anything back from them?
Sincerely,

Deborah

0 Likes