Original topic:

Customer Service/Samsung Care+

(Topic created: 10-16-2021 08:54 AM)
Gumpman
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Im writing this to tell everyone how horrible my experience has been trying to get my Galaxy Tab S7+ repaired or replaced. Mind you I have Samsung Care+ on the tablet. Here's where it all began. Back in March of this year my tablet was left on top of my car. I drove all the way home, but the tablet fell off. I found it but it had been run over multiple time. It fell of on the entrance ramp of an expressway. OK I'm so happy I found the tablet because I have Samsung Care+. Here's where the nightmare begins. I called Samsung customer service to file a claim. It took hours for me to get to the right people who was able to help me. OK they send me a prepaid shipping label to send it off to them. A week goes by I get multiple updates from Samsung Depot saying my service order was taking longer than expected. Fast forward another week I finally get my tablet. I open the box to get the tablet out and immediately I can tell they only replaced the severely cracked screen. I can see the housing or bezel around the tablet still had dents and gravel from been run over. Secondly I notice there was no replacement S pen. Now I get back on the phone with customer service, but I'm constantly being placed on hold for several minutes. Then I'm transferred to another representative that I have to explain everything to just to be told this isn't the right department. Again I'm told I will transferred you to the department you need. Fast forward a few days I'm told a replacement pen was sent. The pen arrives 2 or 3 weeks later. I take the pen out, it won't connect to the tablet. Now the screen is doing a flashing sequence every so often as if the pen was connected but it goes back out. OK I get back of the phone with customers service after multiple transfers and minutes on hold, I'm told to send the tablet back again. My frustration has never been so high, but I had no other option. I send it in again. Of course days go by Samsung Depot txt come in like clock work say it's taking longer than expected. Fast forward a few days my tablet is enroute back to me. I finally receive it. I take it out of the box with the work order. The work order states no problem found. Now I thinking to myself..... I know they didn't send this back to me without fixing it. Sure enough that's exactly what they did. The S pen still wouldn't connect and the screen still flash every so often trying to detect the S pen. I had to call them again. Like the other times I called, I got the same run around being transferred from department to department, and put on hold for several minutes at a time. I'm so furious I'm demanding a replace and I refuse to send it in again as they were requesting. After talking to multiple representatives and being told I could receive a replacement but then finally being told my only option was to send it back in. Very reluctant I obliged and sent it in for a third or fourth time I began to lose count. After they received the tablet a few days pass by and I'm told that my charging port was bad, the battery needed to be replaced, and a few other thing I don't remember. Now I'm thinking that the tablet was just sent back to me, and the work order stated no problems found. Anyway they also informed me that the repairs were covered under my Care+ plan. Well that was everything except the battery. They wanted to charger me 65 dollar or so for a replacement battery that was clearly covered by the care+ plan. I had to go above and beyond to convince them it was covered. I was only able to do that by literally sending a copy of my Samsung Care+ coverage plan. I also highlighted in the contract where it stated batteries were covered. After all of that my tablet was repaired and sent back to me. This time when I took it out of the box it looked as if it was properly repaired. Everything was working as it should. I was satisfied, until the next incident. Read part 2 in the next post. I will post all the ticket numbers in the next post also. 
6 Replies
hoe225
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Ok
0 Likes
TheRealRob1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Man I had the same issue! I had to call them back everytime just to go over the same exact problems I told the person before. And I got absolutely no resolution. It's really really bad
Gumpman
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Unfortunately we as customers don't have any recourse or options beyond a boycott of Samsung product. That will hopefully get them to seriously revamp their customer service and the practices they implement.
clarabell
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Wow. I am there with you. I had very similar issues with a Samsung s21
Hopefully, things will get resolved doe you but I felt exactly like you. I found out t that you can file for small claims court and then they usually respond ... I didn't get that far only because things did improve but I felt at the time like I had no recourse ...I was stuck with a junk phone that was still under warranty and I was getting no help. I am on my third brand new replacement and knock on wood this seems to be good. I hope your issues are resolved!

userv3Oz6PFveT
Constellation
Options
Tablets

OK.  I think I found my group.  I too have had issues with very poor "customer care" with no recourse. 

As long as nothing goes wrong with your tablet and you don't need to send it in under warranty for repairs you are golden. Love the product. Hate the customer service.

I sent in a warrantied device for repair more than 2 months ago. It came back with a message stating that there was nothing wrong with the unit. Fired it up in and the same problem sprung up immediately. Sent it back in and waited. After 2 weeks, I was told that there was a delay in fixing the problem (even though initially, they found no problem). Within a few days, I was called and told that the unit could not be repaired and they were replacing it. I waited. Then I was told that they were going to upgrade me. I waited. Then I was told that they couldn't find my unit. Then I was told that replacement was authorized. Then I was told that they were still waiting for approval for authorization. Then I was told that the replacement would not be an upgrade. Then I was told that the replacement was being sent. Then I was told that the ticket had been canceled. Then I was told that someone would contact me within 1 to 2 days with an update as to the status of the replacement. Just hung up on hold after unsuccessfully waiting over 2 hours for a human being in "case management."

I love Samsung products. But if this is what I am to expect if something goes wrong, no thanks!

0 Likes
agdelarosa8
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
0 Likes