cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userY6sNBmgC3U
Constellation

Do Samsung tablets work with a docking station?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see there's a product called "USB 3.0 Travel Docking Station for Laptops", which would let me turn a laptop into a work station by linking it to an external keyboard, mouse, and screen.

Does anyone know whether such docking stations also would work with tablets?

Alternatively, is there a different docking solution that would work with Samsung tablets?

(As a different alternative, I assume that I could attach at least an external keyboard and mouse via the USB port or a USB hub attached to the USB port... right?)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do Samsung tablets work with a docking station?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a little dated article.

http://www.trishtech.com/2014/09/print-from-android-using-usb-otg-cable/

No guarantees of course. You need an OTG cable which is useful for more than just this. Also the Printer Share app. You can use the free version and see how it works, but you may have to get the paid version eventually. You shouldn't need to get the paid version solely to make it work.

From my experience printing to HP network printers has been the easiest. They even have their own app. If you haven't tried it already, try using the Canon app for yours.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a particular tablet that you were looking to use?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userY6sNBmgC3U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I's a Galaxy View (18.4-inch screen). So the screen's already large enough (indeed, beautiful), but I want to be able to hook it to other peripherals (e.g., a printer). Originally, we wanted to get a wireless (but not bluetooth) keyboard, but we ended up exchanging the external keyboard for a bluetooth one.

So now our main problem is hooking up to a printer. The wireless connection is clunky, but we've not yet determined whether that's android/Galaxy versus the printer itself (wireless Canon). Having a docking station might let us print directly, rather than wirelessly.

(Since this comment veered a little from the orignal one, I'll understand if you don't have a reply. But thanks for your interest.)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a little dated article.

http://www.trishtech.com/2014/09/print-from-android-using-usb-otg-cable/

No guarantees of course. You need an OTG cable which is useful for more than just this. Also the Printer Share app. You can use the free version and see how it works, but you may have to get the paid version eventually. You shouldn't need to get the paid version solely to make it work.

From my experience printing to HP network printers has been the easiest. They even have their own app. If you haven't tried it already, try using the Canon app for yours.