Original topic:

E-mail not downloading and can't add new account

(Topic created on: 5/4/21 6:10 AM)
usertEtSP5yl9v
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

E-mail was working fine till last night. Will not sync and will not accept new account.

11 Replies
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Tablets
Hi there, are you getting any specific errors?

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
usertEtSP5yl9v
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

20210505_071757.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

What email service are you using? Depending on your provider and tablet model, you can go to the email website and access your account settings to make certain the POP3/IMAP access is enabled.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertEtSP5yl9v
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'm using yahoo. Everything was fine till a couple of nights ago. I have noticed others complaining of same issue for some time. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

What model tablet are you using? Is this happening with the built-in email app, or a third-party email?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertEtSP5yl9v
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It is the app that came installed. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

If you go yo yahoo.com in the tablet browser, are you able to sign in to the email there?

0 Likes
usertEtSP5yl9v
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes, I can. So do I have set up yahoo as my main account? 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

You should not have to do that. We are going to reset the email app. First, go to Settings>Accounts, and remove the email accounts you have in there. This will remove synced items from the device, but they will restore when the account is added back. Be certain you have the correct email address and password for the accounts to add back to the tablet.

Next, go to Settings>Apps. Scroll down to and select Email. Tap Storage, then Clear Cache, then Clear Data. Then restart the tablet.

Once the device has restarted, go back to Email and set the account back up.

0 Likes