JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Exchange defective Tab S6 Lite for a new one

(Topic created: 10-04-2020 06:59 PM)
userdutv4o4lYS
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I received my new Tab S6 Lite with a defective screen.

There's tiny little dots, about ten of them, that are visible on black or really dark background.

On light backgrounds, it's fine. But if I watch something as dark as GoT s08e03, they're so annoying.

As you can see in the picture, there's a cluster of 4 dots that's most visible.

There's also a streak of tinier little red dots surrounding the white ones, they're not very noticeable in this picture, but they are there.

I've been told that I cannot exchange the tab for another one. I would have to return, wait for the refund and then reorder. That seems like such a hassle and who knows how long it would take to get my refund if there's a delay.

Who should I talk to in order to exchange?

tab s6 lite screen.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

hello @userdutv4o4lYS 

Unfortunately, I believe that is the way Samsung does their defective returns. There is no "exchange" you have to return your defective product and are issued a refund when received. I had a similar issue with a TV I had purchased through Samsung, the delivery guys damaged the TV and it was broken when we got it and I had to process a return and help load this 75" TV into a delivery truck. I had to just order another TV before my refund was processed or we would've been waiting a really long time. So if you're able to just order a replacement while you ship back your defective Tab, then you'll have your new item and then your refund will just post after Samsung receives the defective Tab. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

hello @userdutv4o4lYS 

Unfortunately, I believe that is the way Samsung does their defective returns. There is no "exchange" you have to return your defective product and are issued a refund when received. I had a similar issue with a TV I had purchased through Samsung, the delivery guys damaged the TV and it was broken when we got it and I had to process a return and help load this 75" TV into a delivery truck. I had to just order another TV before my refund was processed or we would've been waiting a really long time. So if you're able to just order a replacement while you ship back your defective Tab, then you'll have your new item and then your refund will just post after Samsung receives the defective Tab.