JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Exchange defective Tab S6 Lite for a new one

(Topic created: 10-05-2020 07:41 AM)
userdutv4o4lYS
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I received my new Tab S6 Lite with a defective screen.

There's tiny little dots, about ten of them, that are visible on black or really dark background.

On light backgrounds, it's fine. But if I watch something as dark as GoT s08e03, they're so annoying.

As you can see in the picture, there's a cluster of 4 dots that's most visible.

There's also a streak of tinier little red dots surrounding the white ones, they're not very noticeable in this picture, but they are there.

I've been told that I cannot exchange the tab for another one. I would have to return, wait for the refund and then reorder. That seems like such a hassle and who knows how long it would take to get my refund if there's a delay.

Who should I talk to in order to exchange?

tab s6 lite screen.jpeg

1 Reply
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

hello @userdutv4o4lYS 

Unfortunately, I believe that is the way Samsung does their defective returns. There is no "exchange" you have to return your defective product and are issued a refund when received. I had a similar issue with a TV I had purchased through Samsung, the delivery guys damaged the TV and it was broken when we got it and I had to process a return and help load this 75" TV into a delivery truck. I had to just order another TV before my refund was processed or we would've been waiting a really long time. So if you're able to just order a replacement while you ship back your defective Tab, then you'll have your new item and then your refund will just post after Samsung receives the defective Tab. 

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!

View solution in context