Original topic:

Extend Unlock Tab S9+

(Topic created: 06-16-2024 12:00 AM)
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Is it possible to use extend unlock with a trusted device? I have tried with my Watch and my S24U. Neither worked.
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

It is possible.  You have to first make sure your devices are connected to each other. I have my extend lock set to keep my phone unlocked when connected to my watch.  When you go into the extend unlock settings, and click on trusted devices, it should come up with a list of connected devices.  If your devices are paired, they will be in this list.  Select the device or devices you want to remain unlocked when connected. If you haven't paired your devices, they won't show up in the list.

Failing that, you can create a routine.  If Bluetooth device connected (choose device) then keep your phone unlocked. Activate the routine and it will run automatically when your devices are connected.

dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Is it possible with a tablet? I have my watch connected to my phone, but I get a message that it cannot be connected to a tablet. The phone connects with Bluetooth and shoes up in the paired devices list but I can't add it as a trusted device.

I will have to attempt the routine. Thanks!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

If I am understanding correctly, you want to keep your tablet unlocked when connected to a trusted device. Is that correct? Or, are you trying to keep your phone unlocked when connected to the tablet? I think I remember seeing somewhere that tablets do not have this option.  I don't believe the watch can be connected to the tablet, and I think the phone connects so that you can use multi control and transfer files.  

You can keep your phone unlocked when connected to your watch.

The routine, however, may allow this function.

0 Likes
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Hi.

I am trying to keep the tablet unlocked when connected to a trusted device.

I am already keeping my phone unlocked with my watch.
0 Likes