Original topic:

Facebook Dark mode Galaxy Tab S7 Misssing

(Topic created: 02-22-2022 06:45 PM)
userR9qdKbxJVg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Hi, yesterday morning early, EDT, I had the Facebook app with dark Mode still enabled on my Galaxy Tab S7. Facebook was automatically updated a few hours later. After the update, dark mode is no longer available under the settings to turn on. I have searched several forums and this appears to happen off and on. However, nothing from Facebook on the issue. I have tried the recommended fixes that were listed on a couple of sites. However nothing has worked. Just curious if anybody in the members group with the same tablet has run into this in the last couple of days. No issues on  my s10+. I am hoping it is okay to ask this question in this forum.
18 Replies
Jayham
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
It's gone on my Galaxy tab 5se also
0 Likes
user5ZdQr5UKGZ
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

mine has been like this months  now i hate the white iv deleted and forced stopped it also restarted the tab after deleting cleared all the setting  for facebook mine is the tab s7+

user18kyXit1Mx
Constellation
Options
Tablets

February 15, 2022 Facebook like Samsung still hasn't taken the time to fix the problem.......a shame

JasBlackthorne
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This doesn't look like a Samsung issue... dark mode works perfectly fine in other apps and the tablet GUI. Samsung isn't responsible for updating the Facebook app. That said, i do they should acknowledge the problem here exists and use their leverage to strongly encourage Facebook to fix things. Gods know that Facebook has no interest in direct contact with/listening to personal users, and only limited contact with business users.

As for the suggestion about using Facebook Lite, dark mode does seem to work there... but the app is fixed to portrait orientation, a problem that is endemic in the mobile world... too many devs only think about phones and tablets are an afterthought. And you can't prop the Galaxy tablets up vertically for portrait mode, because the charging port is on the bottom of the tablet in that orientation and the cable throws off any possibility of balance.

I'm currently doing the force dark mode option, but I'm not enthusiastic about it. Some apps become harder to use with that enabled. Like if you watch a trailer video on the Playstation app, the x button to close the video is effectively invisible, and that kind of thing happens elsewhere, too.

It's a very frustrating problem. 

0 Likes
Samsung_9EjHb7B
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I've had this same issue for over a year now with my Galaxy Tab S7+, yet Dark Mode seems to be available on my Galaxy S10+.  I've tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling the app, force closing and clearing all cache, installing an older version of the app, yet nothing is working.  Not sure what to do.  I get no response from either Facebook or Samsung about the matter.  It's really frustrating. 

coco26
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I was extremely annoyed to find this missing my new ultra s8, it is literally unusable with the blinding white at night
0 Likes
Members_vHJ1Hpu
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Thought about using FB on the Web on my S7  to find out if dark mode was an option. After logging in to FB on the Web, the website offered FB Lite.

I downloaded FB Lite via the Google Play Store...went to settings and found the Dark Mode Icon where it should be.

FB Lite has nothing missing at all and happy with it.

Note: Be sure to delete the FB App from your S7, but be sure not to delete FB Lite.

djtheraven
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Facebook dark mode is missing on my Levovo P11, Tab S7 Plus and now my Tab S8 Ultra.  It was definitely removed from tablets. I use an old version of Facebook and it works fine.  As soon as I upgrade it disappears.. So I install the older version from last year and disable auto update only problem is some features are missing. But at least I have dark mode. On my Note 20 Ultra and my S22 Ultra dark mode works fine with latest build of Facebook. The only thing I can think of is that Facebook feels They can't format the screen right on a tablet in dark mode so they got rid of it.

0 Likes
userKLRiRc4fmm
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same here on the galaxy tab s6. On my note 10 its no problem.

0 Likes