Original topic:

Factory Reset? Looking for tips and tricks

(Topic created on: 3/29/21 10:58 AM)
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
What is the best way to do a factory reset on an S6 tablet while keeping all my personal data intact? I'm a working artist and there's way too much data for a cloud storage solution.

Unless Samsung fixes current issues with the gallery and photo editor I'm seriously considering this. I've been working with the OneUI 3 interface for three weeks now and... It. Is. Awful.
7 Replies
drknow
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
There should be a small pin hole on the side or back ..use a safety pin or needle like instrument and slide it in hold down for like 5 seconds..that's it.
0 Likes
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Yeah, no. Reread my question.
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Any factory reset will remove the data from your tablet. You have the option of using Smart Switch to backup to your PC, of you can create a backup to your SD Card using one of the available utilities in the Play Store.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Assuming I do a careful backup of all my data and do a factory reset, my next question is how would I go about disabling software update?

I cannot emphasize enough how much I do NOT like the latest version of One UI and I really don't want it on my tablet - which is why I'm contemplating a factory reset in the first place. The productivity and workflow on this device has really taken a nasty hit with this latest upgrade.
0 Likes
drknow
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Ok
0 Likes
Andec
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

are you sure the tablet will go back to an earlier version of android when you do the factory reset?

0 Likes
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
That's a good question I haven't a definite answer for. I've never hesitated with updates in the past because they generate sense and improved things. This last one, not so much. It would be so much better if these updates were just fixed
0 Likes