JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request | Samsung DEx + Samsung Internet Browser

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 02:10 PM)
jRome741
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I currently use Samsung Internet Browser + Samsung DEx on my Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. I use the tablet as my primary (and everyday) productivity device, and am absolutely loving it. Peripherals include a standalone bluetooth mouse and keyboard at home, or the Samsung keyboard if I'm traveling.  In order to maximise screen real-estate (especially for websites such as Slack), I use Internet Browser in full screen mode. There are a couple features that would really help to improve the experience of Samsung Internet Browser in fullscreen mode.

1) Pop-up dialogue for URL Bar when in fullscreen mode

I'm not able to access the URL bar, which makes trying to go to a website directly impossible (for example, when opening a new tab. I can search via Google, or whatever my preferred search engine on my startup page is, but that's cumbersome and dependent on the exact page being cached by the search engine.  Having a shortcut (for example, ctrl + l) that takes allows me to enter a URL (without exiting full screen mode) would be awesome.

2) Keyboard shortcut for viewing tabs

In full screen mode, there also is no way to quickly view my open tabs. Currently I added the "tabs" button to the popup menu (which I can reach by using the menu function button), but it would be nice to have a shortcut (maybe something like ctrl + shift + t) to open the tab management window. I can do anything I need from there.

Side note: An even cooler implementation might allow the user to search for tabs via some pop-up, which is activated by some shortcut. 

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with us at Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.