Original topic:

Feedback on One UI 6 Update - Home Screen Space

(Topic created: 12-12-2023 09:06 AM)
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Dear Samsung Support, 
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to share my feedback regarding the recent One UI 6 update on my device. Before the update, I appreciated the edge-to-edge screen usability on my home screen, which allowed me to make the most of the display space. However, since the update, I have noticed a change that has affected my user experience. Currently, I am unable to utilize the entire home screen space as effectively as before. There seems to be approximately 1 inch of unusable space on either side of the home screen, limiting my ability to place icons or shortcuts in those areas. The previous setup, with the full home screen space available, not only provided added convenience but also contributed to a more elegant and visually pleasing interface. I understand that updates aim to enhance user experience, but in this case, it has impacted the practicality and aesthetics of my device. I kindly request that you consider addressing this concern in future updates or provide guidance on any settings adjustments that may help restore the previous edge-to-edge functionality on the home screen. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to improve the Samsung user experience. 
Gryphfynn
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I just updated my Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra to One UI 6.0 and I'm experiencing the exact same problem. This is completely ridiculous. It's a poor design, and it must be a glitch. It makes my screen look like some developer got lazy took the useable home screen space of a smaller tablet and applied the same parameters to all of the products...

Why would any UI developer in their right mind think that anyone would want 2 inches of dead space on both sides of their home screen? Where's the logic?

It's very clear that UI 6.0 was not designed for large tablets. All of the promotion details and feature descriptions on the site are for phones, not tablets... and it states that "you can easily return to the configuration you were using before One UI 6." which is completely untrue for Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra...
https://www.sammobile.com/news/change-grid-sizes-after-one-ui-6-0-update/

I used to love Samsung, now I'm starting to feel like with every update, they're letting their customers down. 

ENTPRESTIGIOUS
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue with my Tab S8 Ultra also. I was noticing that my home screen is squished after the update. Even some apps on my dock have disappeared.

Minty Dude
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I had this issue as well. I don't know how widespread it is, I've tried getting some help online, but nobody helped me woth this issue. I'm happy to see that it's not just a few people having this problem. I've tried changing all kinds of settings, including home up. The taskbar also doesn't letl me have more than 8 apps on it anymore. I'm on a tab s8+. 

SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Can we write this to Samsung, we all send this same message as email to them. May be they might address it

SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Can we all write to Samsung about it?
No matter how much we write here no one cares. Please lets all write our problem to Samsung
0 Likes
Psysiu
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same here - inefficient UI and ,most of all, no option to customise it to be efficient.

With each iteration of the Android and OneUI interfaces, the "more advanced" users are stripped of means to customise the devices to our needs.
Not only the "home" screen leaves loads of unused space now, but some games now only launch in something around 720p (regardless of power saving etc settings). 
Half of the "notifications area" basic settings have been hidden away and have to be accessed via "more details", and half of the features don't work if you disagree to share all your private info with whoever the info is sold to.

If Samsung wants to become Apple, maybe they should just sell the company to them.
Or maybe can we just get Linux tablets so people can still change things and be in control of things important to them? 

Tej_RT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Have the same issue on my Samsung S9 Ultra, my Ultra tablet looks a bit cheap after the update. Please fix.
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Please write to Samsung via email and X

0 Likes
userZSNuiFnaIz
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I am having the same issue, and I just got my tablet today. Then, I stupidly got the update. Please Samsung fix this ASAP! Is there anyway to go back to the previous update?

0 Likes
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/email-the-ceo/ please use this link to write to the CEO of Samsung so action can be taken.