Original topic:

Feedback on One UI 6 Update - Home Screen Space

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 01:17 PM)
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Dear Samsung Support, 
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to share my feedback regarding the recent One UI 6 update on my device. Before the update, I appreciated the edge-to-edge screen usability on my home screen, which allowed me to make the most of the display space. However, since the update, I have noticed a change that has affected my user experience. Currently, I am unable to utilize the entire home screen space as effectively as before. There seems to be approximately 1 inch of unusable space on either side of the home screen, limiting my ability to place icons or shortcuts in those areas. The previous setup, with the full home screen space available, not only provided added convenience but also contributed to a more elegant and visually pleasing interface. I understand that updates aim to enhance user experience, but in this case, it has impacted the practicality and aesthetics of my device. I kindly request that you consider addressing this concern in future updates or provide guidance on any settings adjustments that may help restore the previous edge-to-edge functionality on the home screen. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to improve the Samsung user experience. 
38 Replies
Minty Dude
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

One UI Home also got updated for me as well to version 15.0.09.1. Nothing changed...

0 Likes
Kodesa
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Same issue here. It seems crazy that you would basically have to buy the next model up to get the same screen real estate you used to get on your original model. It makes zero sense. Really hope this gets remedied as it's extremely frustrating and feels very limiting and wasteful. My eyes can't help but get drawn to the wasted space...
0 Likes
barmrglt
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I updated my Samsung tablet s8 plus today and also having the same issue. This is really bad experience as I too enjoyed having the entire screen at my disposal but now I'm having almost 20% empty. Why?
It reminds me of the early iPad OS days - in a bad way.
Please fix rapidly!

0 Likes
userTU2vRzvU1s
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Same problem for me
0 Likes
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Samsung doesn't care about it.

0 Likes
kawshik
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Please rollback the update. The update made the dex mode really bad. I loved it previously but now it reduces the display for note taking. Futhermore the new update is messing with my S-pen as well. Never had any issues with the previous UI, but now sometime the pen does not register while taking notes. 

Cabanaboy1
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I've got 3 Galaxy Tab A7 Lite's that just got the One UI 6.0 upgrade in the last few days. The A7 Lite is experiencing the same problem everyone else is having. As soon as the update (I refuse to call it an upgrade) was done, all of my icons are now tiny and I lost the screen real estate on both sides. 😠  Oh, and to make matters worse, Good Lock isn't available in the Galaxy Store for A7 Lite. 

0 Likes
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Guys OneUI 6.1 just came out, i have been begging and complaining about this issue since December and they roll out an update with useless AI features but wont give what a customer asks for. i am ditching Samsung for this and throwing this tab in garbage. i feel disrespected and disregarded. SHAME on you Samsung
0 Likes
userqZH4ICCpUQ
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My phone just updated and I now have a colored bar at the top and bottom of my phone under my taskbar and under the icons at the top I don't like it I like it the way it was before how do I get rid of the colored bars that are annoying
0 Likes