cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdrouin
Constellation

File transfers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got my Tab S2 and I need to copy contacts from my Galaxy S5 and my pc to my S2.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EddieM17
Halo

Re: File transfers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The new device sync app. "Smart switch" or connecting "WiFi direct" (as an alternative method) should resolve your concerns! 

The device "syncronization (settings etc.) transfer apps", change throughout OS technological advancements; therefore the present sync. app. should be compatible with both devices; the device that is the 'data sender' towards the 'data reciever' (new device) [knowing both are sending and recieving info. simultaneously]! 

S7 phone, TabS2 and 'most' are presently designed for use with the "Smart Switch" app. ! 

I hope this seriously helps you, (I dont even work for samsung) I just want to help you!

(Alternative methods are "Samsung sync" or connecting "Wifi direct" which might be a secondary option) assuming, since your transfering data from 2 Android OS devices and like most people, they use Windows OS for PC usage! But if your using Android OS with all three devices, it should still be compatible as far back 'post' Android 4.2.2! (meaning its not available for 4.2.2 through previous OS's! (Unless if the finally resolved the uncompatibilty now, ......finally)!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please confirm the S2’s complete model code. Do you have a carrier or WiFi model?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

pdrouin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a WiFi model.

EddieM17
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The new device sync app. "Smart switch" or connecting "WiFi direct" (as an alternative method) should resolve your concerns! 

The device "syncronization (settings etc.) transfer apps", change throughout OS technological advancements; therefore the present sync. app. should be compatible with both devices; the device that is the 'data sender' towards the 'data reciever' (new device) [knowing both are sending and recieving info. simultaneously]! 

S7 phone, TabS2 and 'most' are presently designed for use with the "Smart Switch" app. ! 

I hope this seriously helps you, (I dont even work for samsung) I just want to help you!

(Alternative methods are "Samsung sync" or connecting "Wifi direct" which might be a secondary option) assuming, since your transfering data from 2 Android OS devices and like most people, they use Windows OS for PC usage! But if your using Android OS with all three devices, it should still be compatible as far back 'post' Android 4.2.2! (meaning its not available for 4.2.2 through previous OS's! (Unless if the finally resolved the uncompatibilty now, ......finally)!

xhjy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As I know, to copy contacts from your Galaxy S5 to your Tab S2, you can use Google account or Mobile Phone Transfer tool. And if you want to copy them to PC, you can use Samsung Mobile Manager tool. After connect them to computer, we can directly copy contacts between them via USB connecting cord.