JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Files App Crashes on Samsung Tab S7

(Topic created: 02-02-2021 04:45 PM)
GrinChessur
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I use my Tab S7 for drawing. On January 31st I updated my Tab S7 to Android 11 and One UI 3.1. Whenever I try to import an image into the drawing app Artflow or upload an image to DeviantArt.com through Google Chrome,  the Files App crashes.

Is there a fix for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bels
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
the only thing that worked for me was uninstalling the files app update by going to apps then finding the files app. I can't open or save with the updated app even with the latest update installed and all my apps being up to date.

View solution in context

10 Replies
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Ensure that the Tab is left on in a Wi-Fi environment because it will not activate any app that requires an update. It took me about four hours to update all the apps. If you try to activate any of the apps you may be slowing down the complete updating process
butterbunz
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I will find you
0 Likes
GrinChessur
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Whadaya mean? lol
0 Likes
Solution
Bels
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
the only thing that worked for me was uninstalling the files app update by going to apps then finding the files app. I can't open or save with the updated app even with the latest update installed and all my apps being up to date.
GrinChessur
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thank you! This worked for me. I just hope Samsung fixes the app soon.
Bels
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
yeah like this is such a major bug. I use this a lot for school and art so I was freaking out 😣 hopefully that next update fixes it!
illegal_peacock
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The same here: I updated android few days ago to last release and the files app begun crashing and preventing me to upload any file (neither on gmail or OneDrive or Google Drive or through any of the internet browser I installed). I followed your suggestion uninstalling the app updates and the app started working again. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

While this works, Google still force updates the app. After the uinstall, put the app to sleep (or deep sleep). It will prevent the forced update and the app will still work when needed.

I bought a new s7+ last week and had the same problem. I returned the tablet thinking it was a factory corruption and ordered a new one. All was well until the Android 11 update. Which gave me the clue. 

0 Likes
mjstarart
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm also having this issue since the latest update. I've clicked the "uninstall updates" in the file app but still no luck. As a digital artist who uses her tab s7&clip studio paint this is disastrous. I can't export my pngs to my device so I can share them in social media like I should be able to. I have to do all these crazy work arounds so I can post using my desktop computer.

Please fix ASAP!

0 Likes