Original topic:

Flickering S4 Tablet Screen

(Topic created: 01-03-2021 08:19 AM)
usere9Axn9U6NY
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hi,

I was using my s4 tablet yesterday. It ran out of battery, so I put it on charge overnight. This morning, I found that the tablet was turned off, so I entered my security pin to restart it. The screen then turned black, and coloured lines appeared and started to flicker. It is clear the screen is damaged. I am baffled as to how, since it is protected by a cover, has not been in contact with water, and nothing was placed on top of it.

The screen flickering only happens when I press the power button.

The pen for the tablet has a slightly bent tip, as I have used it quite a lot. I am wondering if this would have anything to do with the screen damage? 

Any advice on this issue would be much appreciated.

Regards

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, if this is still occurring after restarting the tablet service will be required you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes