cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Fortnite app crashes every game Galaxy tab s4

Every game I play on my Galaxy tab s4 crashes the app.  I've uninstalled other apps.  I've force stopped Fortnite, cleared the cache, cleared the data, reinstalled Fortnite.  I've set the 3D graphics low and it still crashes.  It's been going on for about a couple of months.  Epic games hasn't been able to help.  I'm thinking it is this tablet.  What can I do to make the game work?  I can stay in the lobby and when there was a winter lodge, I could go there.  But whenever I actually played the game crashed right after landing.  Something I did along the lines (see above) allowed it to play about 10 minutes, but it still crashed.  However, now it is back to crashing as soon as I land from the battle bus.  Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Fortnite app crashes every game Galaxy tab s4

I followed this suggestion from a similar thread and it helped, but I still can't complete a game.  I can get down to about the top 10 in solo and the game crashes totally.  Is the tablet running out of cache?  Is there a way to fix this better than this solution below?

SamsungZell

Samsung Moderator 
Samsung Moderator
Re: @SamsungJace Yeah usually YouTube, Fortnite installer and...

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

Here are the steps:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press the Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Still can't play a whole game.  The cache seems to run out.  What do I do?  Samsung please help!  Thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Looks like I am not the only one having the same issues and Samsung is not helping much when I email my problem to the local support. They claim that their on house Tab S4 is able to play fortnite and wants me to send in my device for checks, with a service fees. I do not think it is hardware problem and now that you are having exact same problem with mine I guess this device cannot support the game despite it and epic claims that it is able to. 

@usereQwoHs7x6e wrote:

Still can't play a whole game.  The cache seems to run out.  What do I do?  Samsung please help!  Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

same

@user6AHZGbCXuv wrote:

Looks like I am not the only one having the same issues and Samsung is not helping much when I email my problem to the local support. They claim that their on house Tab S4 is able to play fortnite and wants me to send in my device for checks, with a service fees. I do not think it is hardware problem and now that you are having exact same problem with mine I guess this device cannot support the game despite it and epic claims that it is able to. 

@usereQwoHs7x6e wrote:

Highlighted
Constellation

I have been having this same problem for months and at 1st I thought is was epic / fortnite ( because it started after an update ) and have had no response from them. I have wiped my tab s4, rebooted, installed and reinstalled fortnite and epic installer but still can't play the game. If I'm lucky I make it to the ground before I get kicked 

Highlighted
Constellation

Its not your tablets fault or anything. Its epic, have messed something up and wont fix it.