JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

new galaxy TAB A7 10.4 Cannot Move APPA to SD card as in previous models

(Topic created: 01-10-2021 11:37 PM)
userExfk8vnFO7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

BEWARE you cannot move any APPs over to the external SD card,  I have a 64GB internal which is large. If you get a smaller internal and download may APPs you coud be out of gas with nowhere to go. Samsung claims it is a copyright problem. However how come all of a sudden its a problem when previous models you could do that function. Possible it will be resolved and new firmware will change it ,In the meantime Samsung is using deceptive advertising stating you can use the external SD card

56 Replies
ZaneDragonBorn
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Quick update on this. I've found a video for Android 10 where you can force Allow apps to be installed on External Sd Card with this setting enabled. Nothing happened on my end when I enabled this developer option but it may be different for you. Here is the Link > https://youtu.be/Fa0WROXTfTU
0 Likes
Lmbooyh
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I did this also, didn't work. I am very disappointed
0 Likes
GerryO
Constellation
Options
Tablets
meh, doesn't address fact that sd card should be part of internal storage
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

ATTENTION SAMSUNG: The feature to move any and all apps downloaded from you or the Android Google App Store can not be moved to the purchased (Samsung) SD Card!

This is a major problem! Will you please release a new update and fix this problem???

We have purchased 32 of these and none of them will allow this feature!

We have never had this problem with any of your other tablets until we purchased this model!

We are in the movie industry, and until this problem is resolved your sales on this device will not be helped by our company for the other 200 units we were to purchase! or 75% of our affiliates world wide!

We have seen this problem in another thread and it is not being addressed by samsung for anyone!!!

The word is fast getting out about these 2020 models which we have just paid for 32 of these tablets!!... They are worthless as they stand from your company!

Will you please release a new update and fix this problem???

SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
developer options open in settings, scroll to nearly the btm, turn on force allow apps to external... that will make almost all apps eligible to write to external storage regardless of the manifest values.

Note.... it's romured so take with a grain of salt, the upcoming 21 flagship mobile line will not have an SD external port. if it is true then I'd assume the tablets that follow something but who knows. is the SD card formatted or need to be? do you know how to open the settings for developers so you can do that exact thing you want to.
Options
Tablets

I'm I am 60 years old and worked for Microsoft for 25 years. I know virtually everything about tablets, cell phones and Pc's. So with that in mind we have even gone to XDA developers and have used other techniques to go directly into the debugging programming,  and attempted to address this from within the tablets software. We have had absolutely no luck. This feature should be activated on this tablet.... to answer your question,  we have already addressed the force mode for apps to be moved over to SD card (1 TB), which are not cheap!. It does not allow us to move any apps, over 60 from the app store.. The tab A (2019) tabs all allow for this, the options are not written within the tablets code.

Thank you for your time involving this issue we appreciate it very much!!

Samsung could give a rats (tail end)...!

They get your business and drop you off in the middle of the road...

IPad from now on!!!

Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Tablets

US variant Samsung tablets do not offer the ability to use Adoptable Storage, or in more plain terms the ability to use the SD card as internal storage. Additionally, not many app developers allow their apps to be used on external storage devices like the SD card. Due to these things, you may find it difficult to achieve the desired result for what you're attempting to do. We appreciate any feedback and will mark this as a Feature Request so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes