JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A7 Unknown apps fail

(Topic created: 09-08-2022 04:53 PM)
usermCM1ze8a71
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My DJI software failed on my A7 AND my phone, no flying for me!

The solution was found at DJI, new software, which bypasses something Samsung did, HOWEVER...

Since you cannot get the new software from the stores, I got the file directly from DJI and the A7 ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to allow me to install it. I have done the setting for install unknown apps for DJI 50 times, no joy. Spent an hour on the phone with Samsung, no joy.

I really would like to fly my $3,000 drone again, is there a way to FORCE this  to allow my software install, or is Samsung telling me I need another tablet? You KNOW it will not be a Samsung if this is the case. Probably also dump the phone. I am angry and have wasted an entire day already.

0 Likes
4 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tell us what you're doing to install it and what the error is. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
usermCM1ze8a71
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Jesus, here we go again. (Wrote a reply then it made me sign in, reply not showing)

I go into my file manager, click the .apk file DJI have me. It goes to install, then errors out due to "Unknown file" and sends me to the settings. The "Allow unknown file" setting is in place. I have shut it down, then reset it, reboots, everything I can think of.

Spent an hour in chat with Samsung, with them in my tablet via Smart Tutor, they said wait 2 hours then reboot, it should be fine. No joy, didn't happen.

Everything I try goes right back down the same rabbit hole.

0 Likes
usermCM1ze8a71
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Update:

Just installed the new app on my Samsung Galaxy A52 phone, zero problems, click, agree, installed.

No such luck with the Galaxy Tab A7 same response, no can do.

At least I can fly again, albeit with a tiny screen.

0 Likes
Solution
usermCM1ze8a71
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Solved

I got the new software installed on my phone with ZERO problems.

I backed everything up and did a factory reset on the Tab A7 and synchronized with my phone.

Everything now works for my drone.

WHY Samsung has made it nearly impossible for me to use my own equipment, I don't know.

I am setting up to replace my tablet and phone.

I will go with a manufacturer that allows me to use my equipment as I see fit, thanks.

This was the most ignorant thing I have seen in a VERY long time.

I bought this stuff to do a job.

The manufacturer making it almost impossible to do that job did not please me.

My stuff does NOT contain all the universes nuclear codes people!

0 Likes