cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Book 12 Charging Issue

Hi,

I have a problem where the GB12 doesn't always charge properly especially when I am using it at the same time as trying to charge it.

I have ensured that:

1. Windows and Samsung software is up to date and kept up to date
  2. I am using the supplied Samsung Charger that came with the GB12.
  3. I do not have anything else connected to the GB12 ... it is completely standalone.

It often helps to switch the cable between the USB-C ports but more often than not is shows "Power mode (plugged In):" but there is no indication as to how long it will take to charge (ie: "x hours y minutes until fully charged").

Could I please have some help and an indication of what I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Book 12 Charging Issue

I experience the exact same issue with my GB12 but I don't have a fix for you.  I use an app that reads the battery and charger parameters and I just mess with the port, brightness etc until the app shows that I'm getting a good charge.

I use Battery Bar Basic (free) to monitor the charging but there are many others to choose from.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Book 12 Charging Issue

Hi, Thanks for that information and I will take a look. I shouldn't have to do stuff like that and somewhere on this forum I read that buying a more powerful usb charger did the trick. I must try to find that post again. I am disappointed as this is the first Samsung device that I have had problems with.

Thanks again for the advice.