cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjdKPo5MhQQ
Constellation

Galaxy Book 12 (Verizon) W727V display cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dropped my galaxy book on the floor, unfortunately the screen cracked partially. Man Sad Anyone know how much if I decided to replace a new AMOLED? (I beleive it should be expensive) Or if I have parts on-hand, anyone could advise how to replace the screen by myself? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Book 12 (Verizon) W727V display cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I was able to do some digging while awaiting your response and it looks like the minimum fee for a cracked screen is $182.89 and only goes up from there depending on the extent of the damage. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

16 REPLIES 16
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We could connect you with our service center if you would like.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you like us to do that?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I was able to do some digging while awaiting your response and it looks like the minimum fee for a cracked screen is $182.89 and only goes up from there depending on the extent of the damage. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userjdKPo5MhQQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I will post it back to service center.

userMoW0HleJvP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Who do I contact to have my Samsung Galaxy Book 12 repaired? My OLED panel is cracked on the inside. Thank you. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

useriKfoZNmZ84
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been using this tablet for about 3 months now. Every day, I have been using the OneNote app to record lectures and even take pictures of the chalkboard with its built in camera. I can tell you that the resolution is crisp and clear.

However, as of October 26, as soon as I turned the system back on, I noticed the following:

• The inside of the AMOLED panel started to crack. The outer glass is NOT cracked. There was no pressure applied, and I did NOT drop it whatsoever.
  • All keyboard buttons and speakers still function properly. However, the screen appears to be distorted, so I immediately turned the system off to prevent any further damage.

Luckily, all my notes have been backed up successfully just before the situation happened. That way, when I send it in for service or request a replacement, I can continue from another device that I already use.

Here's the initial inspection if you need it:

• Speakers: OK
  • Buttons: Functional
  • Keyboard and Pogo Connector: OK
  • Headphone Jack and 2 USB-C Ports: OK
  • AMOLED Screen: Small crack on the inside, outer glass is NOT cracked. As a result, the screen looks distorted. For example, when plugging in while the unit is off, the screen problems occur, where there was supposed to be a battery charging screen. When turning on the power, I can still see the Samsung Galaxy Book logo appear. See section AMOLED Screen Crack (Internal).
  • Sensors: OK
  • OS and Software: Still functional, genuine Windows 10

AMOLED SCREEN CRACK (INTERNAL)

• Caused by pressure: No
  • Caused by overheating: No
  • Caused by drops: No
  • Outer Glass Panel: No cracks found
  • Other Causes: Not at all. Crack occurred by itself, internally.

Can you please help?

Proposed Resolution: Request replacement, if possible

Model Number: SM-W723NZKAXAR (Windows 10 Pro)

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ useriKfoZNmZ84 This did not happen right after the last repair, did it?