JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book 12 charging issue

(Topic created: 03-26-2019 07:41 AM)
usert8UnL7iUqe
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book 12 five days ago. I am having issues trying to charge it. I am using the original charger that came with the device. While plugged in, it says, "plugged in, not charging." When left to charge overnight, it went from 70% battery life to 75%. I attempted to use a different charger to see if it was a charger problem and it did the same thing. HELP!!

88 Replies
GrimCW
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same issue here and a friend just started getting it too. Tablets about 7 months old each (we got them barely a month apart) and suddenly they're claiming the chargers are the originals (they are) and they're charging extrmely slowly, if at all!

0 Likes
usercqlo4m5h8y
Constellation
Options
Tablets

WARNING: DO NOT BUY

I have the same charging/discharging issue. I contacted Samsung and they had me mail my Samsung galaxy book in to their technicians. The representative who opened a service ticket did not tell me it was Samsung procedure to wipe the entire harddrive without consent. They sent it back to me same day with a service repair statement that did not contain the original problem and solution. When I received it, my SIM card was missing, the original battery issue still persists, a new keyboard issue appeared where it won’t stay connected more than 1min(probably due to software update) , and of course, all my personal files GONE. 

I called support who transferred me 6 times. I got a representative who gave me the number of where the technicians work and I’ll have to hope they did a back up and have the SIM card somewhere. As well as I have to send it back - which now there is nothing to lose because it’s already been lost. 

Hope everyone reads this. I definitely will never purchase from Samsung again. 

user1pR4MeNApB
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same problem. Gets really hot

0 Likes
usertr7WsSiA0c
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same issue. It worked well for only 7 months. And now : turned on, plugged but discharging. Turned off, it charges extremely slowly, 1% per 20 minutes. How to repair please ?

0 Likes
farivera84
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Im also having the same issue. Was hoping for trouble shooting this issue before sending it to get repaired to samsung.

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

@farivera84 Could you provide the full model code and the serial number of the device to this link?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
chickenwife8400
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Mine gets really hot too even when not trying to charge.  I am really disappointed and frustrated because I am still paying on the device. I am seriously considering dropping all samsung products, I have started having issues with my phone and appliances too, it almost feels like when they come out with a generation that is 2 or 3 ahead of the one you have they update the old so that it starts having issues to force you into getting something new

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Is there a particular app that you're noticing that the unit is getting hotter that others?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
BobbyMoniz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

this has been happening along with overheating and numerous blue screen codes and days of not turning on until battery dies out while light near camera goes from blue red green whatever else cycling repeatedly.. very annoying and im still paying monthly for it to my vzw bill as it was billed to my account i just havent felt like calling cause i lost both grandparents when i bought it early 2018... ive only been able to use it about 3 hours total since then as it wi;l not power on or do anything except show the cycling colors above screen for days and always says wrong charger. 5089858613 bobby moniz

0 Likes
chickenwife8400
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have had the same issue since I got mine, sometimes it works other times it doesn't I thought it was just me, but it has gotten to a point that it will not charge and I am still paying the thing off.  

Mine gets really hot too even when not trying to charge.  I am really disappointed and frustrated because I am still paying on the device. I am seriously considering dropping all samsung products, I have started having issues with my phone and appliances too, it almost feels like when they come out with a generation that is 2 or 3 ahead of the one you have they update the old so that it starts having issues to force you into getting something new

0 Likes