Original topic:

Galaxy TAB S4 Camera issues

(Topic created: 08-15-2020 05:53 PM)
uservnHKf992AW
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

1.jpg

When I open the camera app there is a black screen with the items in the photo, I can move between live focus, photo, video and more but nothing happens When I press the capture or selfie buttons nothing happens either. I have DUO installed, when i open it everything works normally so the selfie camera works. I have deleted the camera app data and cashe, factory reset the tablet and it still does not work. Any suggestions?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried running the tablet in safe mode? 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.
  7. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

If the following does not help service will be required and depending on the warranty you have a couple of options: 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Any damage to device? May need a service repair for the camera module failing.
0 Likes
uservnHKf992AW
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

There is no damage to the device

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried running the tablet in safe mode? 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.
  7. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

If the following does not help service will be required and depending on the warranty you have a couple of options: 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userTA6gUUMW37
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello!  I have a Galaxy Tab s4 with the same exact  issues as  uservnHKf992AW  Asteroid described.  I cleared the camera cache and tried the safe reboot method in the solution however it did not fix the problem.  

The last step # 7 in the solution says to "uninstall apps that are causing a problem."  

Is there a way for me to find out which apps are causing the problem?   This is the only step I was not able to complete.

Thank you !

0 Likes
userksDzGwdEL9
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem and need my tablet for zoom which shows me as a black screen.  Pretty certain it goes back to an update.

0 Likes
userfKCIPQW5EV
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Like others I also have the same exact problem. It seems there are plenty of users having the issue but no definitive fix. I've tried the suggested fixes but to no avail. I believe it to be a firmware update issue. No help forthcoming from Samsung.

0 Likes
userfKCIPQW5EV
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Like others I also have the same exact problem. It seems there are plenty of users having the issue but no definitive fix. I've tried the suggested fixes but to no avail. I believe it to be a firmware update issue. No help forthcoming from Samsung.

0 Likes