cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bennale
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Storage goes missing, cannot connect to wifi after locking, and more issues.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I just bought my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen off amazon and it just arrived yesterday. Everything was going fine with it until this morning I discovered multiple issues that were occuring.

• 1. The tablet will not load any webpage, apps, or video from the wifi after being locked for a while. I have checked the wifi settings and it even tells me that it is connected to the internet and everything is running cmoothly while it is not loading anything. My only solution to this is turning off the wifi and turning it back on until it works again.
  • 2. After moving apps to my External SD card it does not tell me that they are moved when I look at the storage. I have moved an app for ex. KOTOR to the external SD. However when I go back to the storage menu it is telling me that my External SD only has 444 MB used, KOTOR is a 2.02 GB App. In the actually apps settings it tells me it is on the External SD. How can this be?! I've even taken screen shots, which I honestly cannot figure out how to upload,  that it says 444 MB on the External SD and even after deleting the app it only goes down to 417 MB. I also checked the internal just to make sure and those numbers stayed the same as well. Nothing changes with anything storage whether the app is downloaded or deleted.
  • 3. The last issue that I am having is that I've switched my storage location on my google music app to download to my External SD not my Internal. Yet when I'm downlong music I can see that both the Internal storage and the External SD space is being taken up while downloading this music. I've even gone into my internal storage settings and I can see that the "Used Space" section is increasing within the Internal Storage along with the EXternal SD space at the same rate as the music is downlaoding.

I was also point out that these issue kepting occuring even after a full factory reset cycle of the tablet. I really like this tablet because it had great reviews and it's inclredibly annoying to be having all these issues within the first 2 days of owning one. I'm sorry if this is long, but I wanted all of my issues to be known. Is my tablet bugged, broken, or deffective?

Thank you. 

Thank you very much.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Storage goes missing, cannot connect to wifi after locking, and more issues.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The repair process is 5-7 business days plus 2 days shipping back and forth. Please package the device in a sturdy box with lots of packing materials. Please make sure the package does not have any hazardous materials icons on it. Do not to use a padded envelope to prevent physical damage. Any physical/liquid damage voids the warranty and may result in additional charges to fix the device. Please be aware the device will be re-flashed and all data will be erased to protect personal information. Please only send the device without accessories. You will get an email with repair instructions and a UPS prepaid shipping label. Please print UPS the label off within 10 days and ship the device to us within 30 days.  

The service order number is 4148922695.  Please write the service order number on 3 sides of the box.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Storage goes missing, cannot connect to wifi after locking, and more issues.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried with a different sd card or re-format the card? 

Bennale
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately  I do not own another micro sd card, but I have reformatted the sd card 3 times and I'm still having the same issue. I've tried deleting my data for Google play music and it has gotten rid of the memory on both internal and external. And now I'm having another issue where after deleting the memory from both my internal and external storage,  is it saying that I have 2 GB being used up in the "Other" category that was not there before. When I check the my files there are no files of that size even among the hidden files. I've gone as far as deleting every file and no change happens to the memory. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tested the card in another device like a smart phone?

Bennale
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tested it out with my phone which is also an andriod and it is working properly. I'm able to move apps and put files on it and open them up. I think the Wi-Fi issue that I was having have been solved after tweeking with my router a little bit. But the main issue is definitly not being able to use the 64 GB micro sd card with the tablet if it's just going to copy the files onto bothstorage places. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand where you are coming from. I could set up the tablet for service.

Bennale
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would be great thank you very much.

Bennale
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy Tab A With S Pen (Storage Issues)

Here is a link to the screenshots that I've taken saying the app is on the external, showing it's not there, and no change happening to the memory before and after deleting the app. Please let me know if this link does not work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please send the following information to this PM Link: 

Model Number:

Serial Number:
First and Last Name:
Physical street address:
City, State, and Zip Code: 
Home phone number: 
Alternate phone number: 
Email address: 
Preferred method to be reached by service center (SMS, email, or phone): 
Place of purchase:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Bennale
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, but I don't see a link?