cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sharongail80
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab A 10.1-random jump to home screen or as if back button pressed.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my Tab A from Costco. Got the hubby a S2.  His works great. Mine has a weird glitch.  When I'm in an app or even in the settings, it backs out of menus and screens as if I pressed the back button or home key.  Even as I typed this and had my tablet setting down when I paused for a few minutes, it attempted to go back (the leave this page window popped up).   I did have a case on it and removed it thinking it was causing the problem, but it still occurs.   Anyone else have the same problem?  Help!

MMB29K-T580UEU1APG1

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sharongail80
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Tab A 10.1-random jump to home screen or as if back button pressed.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I decided to do a factory reset, thinking maybe an app I downloaded may be causing the problem. It took me forever to reset because it kept backing me out while I was trying to put in my password. Then after the reset and it booted up, I could hear the clicking noise sounding while the tablet was sitting on the table. (I duplicated the sound by clicking the back button.). Now, I'm pretty confident it is a hardware issue. I'll just exchange it at Costco next time I go. Smiley Sad
3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this sounds silly, are you sure your not accidentally touching the bottom of the screen near the back button? Sometimes the screen can be overly sensitive and react to the smallest touch. If you are not, can you load the tablet into safe mode and tell me if this happens there as well? Safe Mode: http://vz.to/2htWMpZ (I know it's a verizon website but the steps are the same)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Sharongail80
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had seen on other posts and did try safe mode for a little while.  I did not notice it happening.  I took it out of safe mode and it started doing it again after a while.  I have noticed it happening with various apps and even in Chrome.  It has acted up while holding it and also while laying down on a table. 

Sharongail80
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I decided to do a factory reset, thinking maybe an app I downloaded may be causing the problem. It took me forever to reset because it kept backing me out while I was trying to put in my password. Then after the reset and it booted up, I could hear the clicking noise sounding while the tablet was sitting on the table. (I duplicated the sound by clicking the back button.). Now, I'm pretty confident it is a hardware issue. I'll just exchange it at Costco next time I go. Smiley Sad