cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlTo99M67hq
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab A OS Update Fails to Install

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received notification to install a software update. The update downloads and during installation, varying anywhere from about 20% to 75%, the tablet just reboots and the install fails. I then get a notice stating the install failed and to take it to a Samsung technical support center.  

I also dismounted the SD card, removed it, and power cycled the tablet several times but the install still fails.

Current info:

Android version 7.0

Model SM-T580

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userlTo99M67hq
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Tab A OS Update Fails to Install

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am the original poster.  Prior to performing a factory reset and losing all data, which was the recommended approach, I selected "Reset all settings to their defaults."  After that was complete, the update installed.  My battery level was 76% and I kept the tablet plugged in to A/C power throughout the update.  After installing and rebooting, the tablet displayed the Samsung logo for about three minutes, which was a little scary, but it eventually finished the reboot.  Once the reboot was complete, a notification of "installing upgrade" appeared at the top notifiction panel.  Once that was done, everything was back to normal.  I didn't lose any data and even remained signed in to my accounts.  I verified the update installed by reviewing the congiguration in Settings, About Tablet.  The kernel, build number, SE for Android status and security s/w version all updated to December release.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
ksiads
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this exact same problem.  Has a fix been issued yet? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userlTo99M67hq  Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

userpXtDAdaufp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. I will try to go on my tablet, and it doesn't turn on. So, I go to put it on charge and when it turns on it keeps repeating installing system update, erasing. I just can't seem to fix my tablet.

userdtrGUUHqq6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same problem on my Tab A6 with S Pen, P585.

The problem which I faced that it restarted to update the system. During the upgrade, it restarted and now only shows Samsung logo for around 30 secs and restarts again.

What should I do now? from around a month, I am not able to use my tablet due to  this problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the tablet plugged into the charger when it is power cycling? 

user6a11uJ5e8V
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem

@userlTo99M67hq wrote:

I received notification to install a software update. The update downloads and during installation, varying anywhere from about 20% to 75%, the tablet just reboots and the install fails. I then get a notice stating the install failed and to take it to a Samsung technical support center.  

I also dismounted the SD card, removed it, and power cycled the tablet several times but the install still fails.

Current info:

Android version 7.0

Model SM-T580

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user6a11uJ5e8V  I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

nonparity
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 4 of these tablets and 2 of them are running into this issue.

nonparity
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed this by going into device maintenance and optimizing memory. I restarted but it must have been loading something that conflicted but this did the trick.