JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab A UPDATE CAUSING GRAPHIX PROBLEMS

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 11:20 AM)
user6UvqCfMo7a
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi, I have 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8in. Had one for a year + couple months, with 0 issues. Last month I updated it when asked and it hasn't worked since.  Samsung  employees  tried everything  including  finally.. 3 factory resets. No go. When I touch the screen 2 do anything. . It lights somewhere other than where I've  touched. Makes it impossible  2 do anything.  Including  typing.  I am typing  on an old  one. Also I went ahead and purchased  ANOTHER $150 Samsung  Galaxy  Tab A and when finshed setting  up and installing  the updates.. guess what? IT'S A a PAPERWEIGHT! Same exact graphics problem.  It won't move or  type  properly.  So I have 3 of these. 2 unused and one used for  a year and none work..

So as of today I'm out  $450 and instead of using  my nice big 8in I'm using  my old 7in. Which types. Huh.. who knew that's what I'd require? Hmmm.. Samsung

Ps. I have always loved samsung.  Never used anything else . Now what?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Typically if you have tried all possible troubleshooting, repairs are the next recommended step. If the device is out of warranty, the out of warranty fees would be your responsibility. 

If you still have the tablet and would like me to look into this for you, you can send me a private message here with your model code and serial number of the tablet or any ticket numbers you may have: https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
BarrytheCrab
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Did you contact Samsung? I had two Tab A T-290, one works great (for the budget) and the other was a dog that refused to charge. Sentback three times. The third time they kept it and sent me $130.
0 Likes
user6UvqCfMo7a
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I did, they tried alot of things including  reset  to factory settings.  Which only worked until the updates went thru. Then the problem  was back. Just like the new one purchased.. the moment the updates finished you couldn't work the tablet anymore. Sigh. . Frustrating.  So I have 3 $150 paperweights in my house. I purchased the 1st one last year  and as soon as I realized  I liked the 8" better  than the 7" I got another  as backup  4 whenever that one went down. So I have 2 I can't use (3 counting the brand new one). When they told me I needed to replace it ... I completely  forgot I have a new one. So I purchased one (as suggested) and it had  the same problem  as soon as the  updates  went thru. So $450 worth of paperweights. I'm disabled  and home  all but the 4 days a year I see my doctor.  This is not something  I can afford 2 have happen. My tablets my main form of contact with the world, how I place orders, reading  my library books everything.  Now I'm trying  2 use my too small 7" and it's not doing  what  I need.. I can't  see well enough on it. 

Not to mention .. what do I replace these with since samsung  seems to have no intention of fixing  it anytime soon.. and even if they do I was told they wouldn't notify  me.

So .. wow, no good answers. I guess I have to go shopping. One of the employees said basically when it comes to the updates causing  a problem I just  have to replace  the  tablet. Well what's wrong  with  this  picture? ↔My previous tablet was a Samsung Galaxy tab 4 nook. My dad got one 4 mom & i. Both tablets lasted 7yrs. Even when the back split open & i had it held together with clips & rubber bands. Do you  know that  thing still worked the day is slid into 2 halves & i pit it back together.  Amazing.  I wish they cared enough to try to help me with a fix. I'm loosing  my sight and my tablet is the only way I can read or be connected 2 my family. Hurts to loose that.  Hurts to see I'm just a $$$ to them. The whole just go buy another attitude  made me give up. I can't afford to loose $450. I truly thot I had 10yrs worth of tablets when I bought the 2 last year. Turns out they are making  sure we have to replace them annually. I don't like that it was THEIR UPDATE that destroyed the tablet but they say I have to buy a new one. Then when the new one does the same thing they shrugged their shoulders  and offered no help..

Plus I tried  2 print off the return label and the one they sent won't print properly.  Lol. Murphys  law I guess. Thanks 4 listening.  I need to get back on hold with Samsung for another 4 hour shift of sitting  on hold, in order to get the label issue fixed..

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Typically if you have tried all possible troubleshooting, repairs are the next recommended step. If the device is out of warranty, the out of warranty fees would be your responsibility. 

If you still have the tablet and would like me to look into this for you, you can send me a private message here with your model code and serial number of the tablet or any ticket numbers you may have: https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context