cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoguipr
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab A battery and reboot issues.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A ‑ 16 GB ‑ White ‑ 8.0". Charging battery while off and on, gives different results in battery level. I could have a 100% battery while on and when I shut it off and plug it in, shows something different like 40%.

In addition, the device restarts,  and now keeps on a restart loop, when battery starts getting low. This stops if I plug the device.

I did a factory reset and all required updates with same results.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab A battery and reboot issues.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there Yoguipr, do you remember when you purchased the tablet? You're welcome to send me a private message with the model and serial number and I can check the warranty status in our systems. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

134 REPLIES 134
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These are all symptoms of your battery not being able to retain a charge. The boot loop is most likely caused by not having enough juice to fully start up and thats why when you plug it in, it is able to boot fully.

Depending on how old the device is (from time of purchase) it may still be under warranty. If this is the case just send it in for reapir and they should be able to take care of it.

If its not under warranty any more then you can either take it to a local repair shop like Phone Doctor or similar places, even Best Buy would be able to assist you in this.

Alternatively if you don't feel like paying a whole lot to get it fixed you can always order a replacement battery off Amazon, Ebay, or whatever your favorite source may be. There are many guides on how to open the tablets up and most of them are fairly easy so long as you have the proper tools (many times they are included when you order the battery). I always reccommend though, if you dont feel confortable doing this yourself to take it in to a professional repair shop and let them do it for you instead of risking causing more daamge to the device. 

--~Mistakes are proof you are trying~--   
For repairs or general technical support call: 1-800-726-7864 (1-800-Samsung)

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there Yoguipr, do you remember when you purchased the tablet? You're welcome to send me a private message with the model and serial number and I can check the warranty status in our systems. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Stealthviper
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Also have the same tab and also having the same issues.. I think the galaxy tab a should of been recalled due to the battery. Bought my tablet last income tax and this issue is throwing me off of Samsung products which I've been getting forever.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no Stealthviper! Could you send a private message with the model and serial number?

user3mTyJCw0xb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the Galaxy Tab A T357T 8.0" July 2016, and I have been experiencing an issue with the device rebooting itself randomly and without any clear indication as to why; no matter if the device is fully charged or running low on battery life. Other than the frustration of losing any unsaved work or data whenever the tablet reboots without warning, I am also irritated that even if I have a full charge of 100% (or between 80 and 100), once the device has randomly rebooted, the battery percentage drops dramatically, almost always below 50%. I feel as though customers who bought the Tab A have been ripped off by Samsung and pretty much discarded by the company with no support or solution to this issue that too many of us are experiencing. It would be nice if Samsung would try to make up for the massive waste of money customers spent on this device rather than just discontinuing the T357T model of the Tab A and basically telling customers like myself "S.O.L."

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried having the tablet reflashed, yet?

userIzzbXbWD9l
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i bought one for my wife just about a year ago the last month its been doing the same thing looping charging then not charging plugged it in a 66 %  she's goes to use it and it's below 40 %

any solutions

<Hidden>

usercbzac3C2ge
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

deleted by user

usercbzac3C2ge
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received support from Samsung chat feature.  She guided me through some steps, helped me to finish an update that must have been interupted, and helped to back up system with a Samsung program.  Highly recommend the Samsung chat feature.  Instant connection and was able to answer my questions.  Will post again if problem returns.  So far so good though...