cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4IExl9WXsY
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab A battery and reboot issues.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having similar issues with my sons Tab A 8.  We plug it in at night, check that it is in fact charging, but by morning, the battery percentage is less than what it was the night before, or the tablet is completely dead with 0% battery (this is what happens most of the time).  I've watched it while it's charging and at times, the screen will randomly turn on and then it stops charging, even while it's plugged in.  And while we aren't experiencing the reboot cycling, the screen will cycle on and off randomly.

This is very frustrating, especially since we purchased this in Nov 2016, gave it to him for Christmas last year, and are now literally less than a month over the 1 year warranty.  Do you have any suggestions, outside of sending it in for repairs that are appearing to cost almost as much (if not more) than just buying a new tablet?

Thanks!

Agent 007
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A class action lawsuit might wake up Sam of Sung

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4IExl9WXsY: Send a me a private message.  I would look into this further.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Agent 007
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung saps ...

Been awhile since I posted here.  I replaced my battery and screen, retrieved the serial number info while I was in there, but problems persisted.  Samsung told me - on the phone - they would fix it.  I mailed it to them and they advised me that I would have to send them about $200 for a new PCB.  I told them to send it back , unrepaired.  It has sat ever since.  IMHO, Samsung had some type of quality control problem with the very small electronic traces or surface mount semiconductors.  They refuse to give people new PCBs ... even to those who are up to the task (not easy) of taking these SOBs apart.  Sadly, most all manufacturers are good at this nowadays, take you money and then ignore equity and natural law.

userrkX4BEEzCT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi meetoo facing the battery dropdown and reboot automatically can you please help me regarding this

userAr1aqecPHO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just adding a "me too" with a not even 2 year old Tab A. Did the factory reset, didn't change anything. Have a new charger on order, about to order a new battery, but I truly don't believe it will help. This all started after this most recent update.  7.1.1

onemoretry
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Experiencing slow battery recharge. Problem started a few of weeks after updated to 7.1.1. I downloaded AccuBattery app to get a reading on charging current. Charging current fluctuate between 150mAH - 250mAH with the OEM charger and cable. I have tried different chargers and USB cables. All have the same results. Such a low recharge current will take forever to recharge the battery. I bought it in Nov 2016 and out of warranty. Either the battery is faulty or it is an issue with the software. Very disappointed.

Malechi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy Tab A SM-T350, received as a gift last Christmas. For the past 6 months have had an issue with random restarting. It started when battery capacity was at around 30% and has increased to now will restart at 100% full if not plugged in. If power is disconnected, for any reason, the restart will happen immediately. I have tried all ways to fix this that I could find. 1) Charge the device to 100% while it is powered off, 2) Erase the device’s cache entirely and 3) Reset the device to factory settings. None of these solutions had any affect.

This was my first experience with a Samsung tablet and/or phone and my worst experience with any tablet or phone I've ever owned. I had always thought of Samsung as a quality product, but my experience combined with reading through this thread has taught me a much different reality. This will most likely be the last Samsung product I ever own and will be warning others to be wary of Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Malechi - Regretfully if you have completed those steps, then service repairs would be recommended for the tablet. It could be an issue with the software or it may be a bad part in the charging port. In order to look into this, you are welcome to shoot me a message with the full model code and serial number here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userEPTrHRoOXz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive

I've had the same problem with my tablet which I'm sure is out of warranty now. This is way too common for Samsung to not recall these. I got this as a first tablet for my daughter so it was luckily an inexpensive learning experience. It has a case and she has taken good care of it so this year I'm  just going to spend the extra money and get an iPad. I'm not a fan of Apple OS but it doesn't matter when your device hardly works. I doubt I'll ever buy a Samsung TV or appliance either after this experience. The only thing Samsung says is "have you reflashed it" knowing that doesn't fix the problem but makes it seem like they're responsive. Terrible product,  terrible support.My kid has a  LeapPad  that has outlasted this thing.