JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

(Galaxy Tab A7 2020) PS4 Remote play not recognizing DS4 controller

(Topic created: 12-29-2020 04:29 PM)
usernF0MJ8Tlt8
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello, I just picked up a galaxy tab a7 and connected the Dualshock 4 controller via bluetooth with no problem. I can navigate through the tablet using the controller, and it works perfectly with the games from the playstore that I tested. But for some reason when I try to use it with the PS4 Remote Play app it says "This device doesn't support DUALSHOCK 4, so you can't use it with Remote Play." I can connect the controller to my Samsung Galaxy S9 and use it with the remote play app there, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on the a7 tablet. Both devices are running android 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

11 Replies
userUeLQPBGpfD
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I'm having this issue as well. With the 2019 version.

SamsungK17
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Having same issue. Haven't been able to find any solutions. Will probably have to get in contact with Samsung about this for a solution. 

0 Likes
user5N8zQ1OBmu
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm having this issue 

userVIkmG5WVQy
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I just bought this tablet this week, hoping to be able to remote play. Every google search I make shows nothing, except for this forum. Hopefully it's just a matter of it being a new device or something, and they can update or fix the problem.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

On the ps4 go to remote play and add device manually.   I'll give you a code to link the devices and then you'll be good to go.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userVIkmG5WVQy
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

So it's not a problem of connecting the controller, because I can do that no problem. I even connected to the ps4 with the way you suggested. My DS4 can move on the home page and between apps on the tablet

@@

. Its when I actually start the remote play app, it says it's not supported.

ABatrez
Constellation
Options
Tablets

i tried this earlier today did not work.

0 Likes
userPSCD5YqGyP
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I am also having this issue, I was really looking forward to using remote play on this tablet and unfortunately it seems we need to wait for an update. I wonder if there's any way that we can get confirmation from Samsung or moderator that there's a support case open for this issue.

0 Likes
Solution
user6ryHBivc4m
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Workaround required:
1. Secondary Account
2. Secondary DualShock (as far as I know)

3. DS connection with your PS

Hi guys! I've specifically made an account hoping to help you (and others online) out! Like users have said, this is the first link to show up on Google, so hopefully, this will work for others too. Disclaimer: This will only work for people gaming from home, close to their console, and as far as I can tell you need a secondary Dualshock.

So, the problem is actually with Sony for all I know: Your Dualshock will connect to Bluetooth and your tablet, the Remote Play app is just not acknowledging it (since it probably doesn't support Tab A7 yet, I have no clue). 

The workaround is leaving your Dualshock connected to your PlayStation, instead of your Android device. So, as I said before, you need to be home (and close enough to the console), because you still need to be able to link with the PlayStation. The thing is, if you take over control on the PS of the account you have registered in Remote Play, it will disconnect Remote Play. To avoid this, you need a second account. In steps:

1. Create a second account on your PlayStation console

2. Make sure to connect this account with PSN (you don't need PS+)
3. Login with this account in Remote Play (and vice versa, register the Tablet/device in the PS settings of said account)
4. Start Remote Play while this newly created account is active on your PS. Your (secondary) Dualshock will control it on the PlayStation, however, you can't use it because when you use the DS on your PS it will disconnect Remote Play (as far as my experience goes).

5. Turn on your other DualShock (your preferred one, so to speak). With this Dualshock, log into your main account (on the PS), while the other account remains active.

6. Now, your Remote Play app will still show whatever happens on the television/PS. It doesn't care what is done on the PlayStation, the only thing it is looking for is whether it's connected PS account is still online and if the control hasn't been taken over on the PS. It hasn't, since the secondary DS is still connected to the secondary account in the background. You just switched everything on the PS and the Remote Play app shows that.

7. Enjoy gaming on your (A7) tablet!

You can do anything you want on your TV now, watch Netflix, etc. If you want to start Remote Play again on a different day, you just have to start up your secondary account first, turn on Remote Play, and switch accounts on your PS again. You might even be allowed to turn off the secondary DS again after starting, I haven't tested it yet.

Hope this helps you out for now! It is sad that it doesn't work out of the box, but I was quite relieved there was still a way since I bought a tablet specifically for this purpose.

a7-ps4.jpg

View solution in context