cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab A7 2020 and texting/calls

New to the tablet world. I just bought an A7 wifi (not a cellular carrier) and trying to send/receive texts and calls. I figured a work-around for calls using google duo (but need the other party to install duo too, is there another method?) And can't figure out how to send a text via messenger if possible. I used smart switch to sync my tablet to my galaxy s9 phone and worked flawlessly. Now I want to keep same string of texts going on my tablet. 

Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab A7 2020 and texting/calls

Try going into your Advanced Settings and turn on Call and Message from Other devices. Depending on your phone model and carrier, this feature may not be supported.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy Tab A7 2020 and texting/calls

I have it on. I tried samsung flow and seems to work only if my s9 phone is on and flow opened on both devices. Not ideal, must be an easier way?
Constellation

yes
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy Tab A7 2020 and texting/calls

yes to what?
Astronaut

I'm having same problem. VERY frustrating! Turned on call and message from other devices too and made sure logged into Samsung account on both devices. Still fails. Is the fact we both used smart switch causing a problem? I'm at a loss.
Astronaut

Switched everything to my Tablet from my phone and my Text Messages won't send. What am I doing wrong