cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Tab Active Pro GPS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to know if I can use the GPS without wifi or cellular offshore.

Support says no, a review says yes. Review says it has both GPS and Glonass and works with satellites vs. just simulating GPS with triangulation. My first test didn't show any sattelite connection and location and the altitude when using wifi was way off. I have location services on and was comparing same SW side by side Ipad and this (and two other devices).

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab Active Pro GPS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot answer to a third-party review. The device will not perform GPS location without a data connection.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will not be able to use the GPS without either a WiFi or Cellular connection.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot answer to a third-party review. The device will not perform GPS location without a data connection.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hie so u wont be able to use the gps with out those for the fact been u need the service on either or so it can work n tell u exactly the location