cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Tab E - Ethernet Connections

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy Tab E (model #SM-T560NU) under Apps> settings> more connections, Ethernet is grayed out and can't be used.  Is this a mistake or how do I access this feature?  Also I thought I would be able to tether the Galaxy Tab E to my phone but I don't see this option.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy Tab E - Ethernet Connections

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In order to turn this feature on, the tablet must recognize the ethernet cable is connected to the adapter. Though the manual says it is possible, we do not support connections with third party devices so you may also want to check the compatibility list for the adapter you are using to make sure it is compatible with this model tablet. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same as on mine.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In order to turn this feature on, the tablet must recognize the ethernet cable is connected to the adapter. Though the manual says it is possible, we do not support connections with third party devices so you may also want to check the compatibility list for the adapter you are using to make sure it is compatible with this model tablet. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have SM-T380 tab and i have the same ethernet grayed out problem. I got one from belkin and it didn't work. How do I know which are the compatible ethernet to usb-c adapters?. I couldn't find it in this website. Please suggest.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have your tablet but on my Tab S4 I use the Anker adapter.