cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user0AliGXCinq
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Hi guys, indeed the problem is from the update.

I bought a new S2 in march, it comed with the software version update from september, I bought it in Brussels BElgium.

Worked very well I was thrilled. I got the anoying message to install update but I kept avoiding 1 - 2 months (of course, it was already downloaded even without my consent) .... So finally, in may I installed the big security update - not much of a use ... since I do not install anything I just read pdf and mobi... whatever .... so now comes the interesting part ...

- Next day ... the tablet was shut down, no drop of battery .... I charged it ... and use it like before ... went to bed ... the second day I check .... 30% gone over night.... Ok nothing new I was expecting dirty tricks ... this is why I kept avoiding the update .. but not really like this. .. this was too much.

Second evening ... close everithing, close internet, bluetooth ... put it the plane mode ....and secod day morning guess what ... 10% procent off .... hmmm .... Normally, over night even with wifi on the tablet used just 1% overnight, I can prove it, I have the readings from Accu Battery ... the first app installed after I bought it.. Surprisingly, the app remembers  every charge even after the tablet was updated 2 times.

Even more interesting .. the app (Accu Battery) showed readings of 30% drain in battery but on the detailed logs ... apps,  just 2 apps were mentioned in the battery drain list 2% ... the rest of 28% was missing (not even mentioned as Android OS usage).

MY FIX:took me 1 hour but ... reinstalled the previous version of software - september-  and never went online .... pointless to say that now I am enjoing with pride a life full of battery juice and free of shame, anger, and the most important I do not feel manipulated and lied on my money! 

Congrats for the tablet is is the best, light, powerfull and the battery is GREAT!!! and congrats for the September UPDATE !

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

Where and how do I get the September update

Date Registered 43m ago
Date Last Visited 43m ago
Total Messages Posted 2

welcome 

@user0AliGXCinq wrote:

Hi guys, indeed the problem is from the update.

I bought a new S2 in march, it comed with the software version update from september, I bought it in Brussels BElgium.

Worked very well I was thrilled. I got the anoying message to install update but I kept avoiding 1 - 2 months (of course, it was already downloaded even without my consent) .... So finally, in may I installed the big security update - not much of a use ... since I do not install anything I just read pdf and mobi... whatever .... so now comes the interesting part ...

- Next day ... the tablet was shut down, no drop of battery .... I charged it ... and use it like before ... went to bed ... the second day I check .... 30% gone over night.... Ok nothing new I was expecting dirty tricks ... this is why I kept avoiding the update .. but not really like this. .. this was too much.

Second evening ... close everithing, close internet, bluetooth ... put it the plane mode ....and secod day morning guess what ... 10% procent off .... hmmm .... Normally, over night even with wifi on the tablet used just 1% overnight, I can prove it, I have the readings from Accu Battery ... the first app installed after I bought it.. Surprisingly, the app remembers  every charge even after the tablet was updated 2 times.

Even more interesting .. the app (Accu Battery) showed readings of 30% drain in battery but on the detailed logs ... apps,  just 2 apps were mentioned in the battery drain list 2% ... the rest of 28% was missing (not even mentioned as Android OS usage).

MY FIX:took me 1 hour but ... reinstalled the previous version of software - september-  and never went online .... pointless to say that now I am enjoing with pride a life full of battery juice and free of shame, anger, and the most important I do not feel manipulated and lied on my money! 

Congrats for the tablet is is the best, light, powerfull and the battery is GREAT!!! and congrats for the September UPDATE !

mito

and another one vanished into thin air.

/board-id/ProductUpdates/message-id/16623

mito
user0AliGXCinq
Constellation

Just google it ... 

did you get the dialer code?

@user0AliGXCinq wrote:

Just google it ... 

mito
userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

Just fix the stupid update Samsung!  I downloaded the Sept 2017 zip now What? I had a Note 4 theat quit after update.  Now I own an LG V30 and love it.  I'm sure it helps I never had an LG before when they had problems.  Now this on the S2!?  Forget it, I'm done with Samsung!  I'm going LG from now on.  SAMSUNG has irritated me for the last time with their updates that kill their devices.

userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

Just Google what please.

user0iK4lxFn2E
Astronaut

Hi! I had found that by switching on AIRPLANE MODE and then enabling WiFi, the battery drain was much improved. But then I discovered this thread. I stopped the PLAY STORE app,  activated it again and disabled all options inside that app. 
Next I removed the only widget I had installed, the GOOGLE widget that was on stand-by for typing input or the "OK Google" voice command.
Now my T713 is working again properly - and I don't know whether the problem was caused by the PLAY STORE app or the GOOGLE WIDGET.
I am happy again.

userheyqCnSMcA
Constellation

I can confirm that the play store is involved in this problem. I disabled it and now the battery life is SO much better. This morning I took it off the charger and a few hours later it was still at 100%! Then my daughter used it for an hour of netflix which brought it down to 90%. Still at 90% an hour later.

To disable the play store app: go to settings -> apps. Then in the top right corner tap the three dot menu and select "show system apps". Tap on the play store in the list, tap force stop and then disable. Unfortunately you'll have to re-enable the play store if you need to use it to get new apps or update the current ones.