cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

@@userAdiXOijhxz wrote:

It seems the only recourse is to root the device to turn off the 100 or so bloatware apps that are running in the background, but never used.

So this is just to record that I am one very unhappy Samsung owner!"

welcome aboard.

no need to root to remove bloat.

mito
user9O17WmTsUw
Constellation

Hi, I've just found this thread and will follow it in the vague hope that something will turn up to bring my smt713 back to being useful.

I did a factory reset a month or so ago, no change. I was thinking of having the battery replaced by it looks from here like that won't help.

I've just covered the play store app and will see if that makes a difference.

Meanwhile I spend half the time with the tablet plugged into a usb power pack so I can keep using it while on the move!

Chris

userHAUGh7Chwk
Constellation

May i ask what did you have to pay for this charger. And does it work
uservjOIfVIqCZ
Constellation

What is Samsung doing about this issue? ??

Id hate to think that Samsung is dragging their feet on this issue when they are well aware of the number of customers effected. . this is embarrassing for us Samsung patrons inlight of how well Apple have been handling thier aged products, free battery replacement battery offers and efficient, effectively processing Apple product users experiences during product issues. 

Seriously Samsung, letting this concern continue for over 4 months is unacceptable or professional when theres been only Silence from Samsung HQ.

I for one am loosing faith in Samsung  almost as slowly as the slow battery charging concerns.

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

I lost faith in Samsung with my Note 4 rebooting issue from an update that they wouldn't fix.  I also still have the s2 tab.  I'm done buying Samsung.

@uservjOIfVIqCZ wrote:

What is Samsung doing about this issue? ??

Nada.  Nadica.

No thing.

mito
Angus66
Constellation

I stopped using my S2 9.7 in March of last year as it suddenly stopped charging correctly & the battery drained very quickly. (Of course the warranty had run out 2 weeks earlier)

Just like everyone else here.

I tried all the fixes suggested by Samsung - new Samsung charge cable & charger, factory reset, etc - none of which helped.

Just like everyone else here.

So I put the S2 9.7 in a drawer and replaced it with an Asus ZenPad 9.7 that isn't quite as nice as the Tab S2 but it actually chargers and works as expected.

Fast forward to today and I installed a new Samsung battery in the S2 9.7 but the charging/battery life problems persist.

Hooked up a USB tester between the charger and the USB cable going into the S2 9.7 and it pulls 5 volts but only .10 - .14 amps.

ANY other device I test pulls 1.0 amps+ from the exact same charger & USB cable - make of that what you will.

-------------------------

As a side note, my wife and son both have S2 8.0s (purchased about the same time as my 9.7) and neither one has had any charging or battery life problems.

Highlighted
user9O17WmTsUw
Constellation

New software/firmware update today ... maybe there will be an improvement :-)

now have android 7.0 kernel version 3.10.84-13790357

build no. NRD90M.T713XXS2BRI1

userfEMoiW2v6w
Constellation

Do not get  your  hopes up. I found this forum after my update. In my case my problems started after i udated to NRD90.T813XXS2BRI1 on my tab s2. After the update my battery life is terrible. Before it drained 2% leaving it overnight. Now it is about 15-18%. 

So i also stared looking for solutions and found this forum. Not really hopefull though....

I already managed to find the software for the prevoius build. But there does not seem to be a solid way to revert back to an older version is there? I mean i also read a lot about bricked tabs after an attempt to revert back to and older build. 

Could a custom firmware be a solution?

userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

Did you ever find a solution...I have the same model number SM-T813  9.7in.

I really am desperate for help....this is nuts....been charging since yesterday morning 18 hours later at 69%!!!!!

If you can help it would be appreciated. Sincerely, Cheri