cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user53XJhuxRxC
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

I think something similar happened to me too. i dont remember installing an update recently but the tab started behaving exactly like this problem here only a couple of weeks ago.

Checking for updates reveals my tab is on the latest version.

My question is, since samsung dont appear to have a clue about this issue, did any of you guys try installing a third-party rom on your tab s2? and did that solve the issue?

user1qiV3BVnd4
Asteroid

For me the solution was to disable the Google Play Store. As soon as I did that battery drain was normal as it was before the security update. I'm still on Android 7.0

PHauchon
Constellation

Anyway what you will do if the warranty was still operative? you ask us to go to a Samsung retail store to have it repair for free? but knowing what we know now, event a Samsung retail store or even you are not competent to solve our problem on YOUR device.

Come on don't take us for stupid people. I already see your answer many many time in this forum. This is an answer coming from a stupid company that does'nt take care of his customer. Samsung has PLANNED a  PLANNED  OBSOLESCENCE and that will finish soon in our country Canada particularly in Quebec or a new law will be voted this month. At this time it will be more easy for us to sue company like Samsung, Google (Andoid for their OS) and all other company like them that they full their customer.

If you are ready to do what I have done regardless of what said Samsung feel free it is your decision

Good luck

Highlighted
userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

How did you revert to marshmallow may I ask....I really want to try it too.

PHauchon
Constellation

@userfIYXPfFRDX wrote:

How did you revert to marshmallow may I ask....I really want to try it too.

Go to page 19 post 2018-12-04 at 5h15AM

You can read many post on Internet too.

That it's at your own risk. Samsung will tell you that doing that can damage your device and void the warranty. As they don't have or more probably don't want to give us solution. It's their  poor defence.......

Enjoy!

usernyqJcG5JG2
Constellation

This may seem like a stupid question but has anyone tried replacing the battery?
PHauchon
Constellation

Good question, but why should we spent money to  change the battery if everything was working fine before upgrading to Nougat 7.0. If this is the case Samsung should pay us to change the battery it's totally their fault, not ours 

They have 2 choices, or they rework Nougat 7.0 to solve he problem of fast drain or they pay us to change the battery if this solve the problem.

Samsung you have the choice.... it's in your yard.....

Assuming that I am a dummy customer I don't have to trick the device to have it work normally. 

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

Some people have paid to have the battery replaced by Samsung and it didn't help.

Angus66
Constellation

@usernyqJcG5JG2 wrote:
This may seem like a stupid question but has anyone tried replacing the battery?

I changed my battery out and there was absolutely no improvement.

It's not the battery...

usernyqJcG5JG2
Constellation

OK, thanks.

That's decided it for me. I'm going to buy a Huawei Mediapad.

I may be giving all my data to the chinese but at least it might work!