cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDJXKqJJ82k
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Did Samsung resolve this issue may I ask?
I have the same problem and I haven't seen any evidence of help in this whole thread!
PSSJ
Astronaut

I just purchased the Galaxy Tab S2 myself about 2 weeks ago and used it, loved it, loved the battery life and all. I did the updates as well and now this thing is trash. I close the cover with 90%+ of battery life when I go to bed. I later go to use the tablet around 11AM or so the next day and it's at 30% or less! 

I even have this thing in battery saving mode and I can barely get 2-4 hours of battery from basic browsing and a few videos here and there. But the battery usage app is not showing what is eating these resources when being used or in sleep mode.

What is the deal here? How has this been a known issue for several months but still has yet to be addressed properly? 

Black Hole

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

userDJXKqJJ82k
Astronaut

Did Samsung resolve this issue may I ask?
I have the same problem and I haven't seen any evidence of a solution.
Thank you
Karen
PHauchon
Constellation

Hi!

Galaxy tab s2 T813, Reverted to 6.01. Marsmallow. Not the top according the type of battery! But huges improvement on battery life.

Regards

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

How did you do that?

PHauchon
Constellation

Download ODIN 3.13.1

Install it

Look for the former firmware to: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ 

After downloading decompress it (.rar)

Put your Samsung device in download mode

Follow the instructions for the ODIN software

After reverting to 6.01 reset your device to factory default.

And tada!

No warranty that works for all Samsung devices but worked for me.

BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA FIRST AND PRIOR TO DO ANY CHANGES IN YOUR DEVICE.

As far I am concerned that give us a minimum proofs that something wrong with Nougat 7.0

I am a Samsung fan but Samsung should take a minimum care of their customers. It seems hypothetically  that is not the case in this situation. The denie has a limit...... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please note - following @PHauchon 's instructions will void any remaining warranty, as well as potentially "brick" the device, making it inoperative.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

PHauchon
Constellation

OK so find a damned solution!

Are you irresponsible?

We pay good money for this scrap a switched from apple 2 to Galaxy s2 but finally it was a wrong move

All of my friend on this site please if your Samsung product is finished, go to other Chinese brands that are as good  as Samsung and you will pay far less.

Regards

Highlighted
userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

I agree....was a loyal samsung consumer, with all home appliances as well as all electronics but why should I continue to be loyal to a company that is not loyal to us????? I'm not going to be for long....this is the last straw.

Feeling like samsung is intentionally introducing updates that slow older devices so we go out and buy new models every couple years......this all just stinks of intent.