cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userALNmqU5QXX
Astronaut

As for the battery drain overnight while your tablet is sleeping ... Go to Wi-Fi setting, advanced, under the heading keep Wi-Fi on during sleep. Change the setting to only while charging or never. My Galaxy Tab S2 I received for Christmas goes through the battery 50% overnight while not in use, after changing the setting in the Wi-Fi advanced I woke up to my battery still at 100% this morning.
user9O17WmTsUw
Constellation

This is how I have mine set, it means that all the things that the tablet does whilst you're asleep,  like Google play and app updates and checks for this that and t'other don't get done and don't drain the battery

Angus66
Constellation

Having to turn off so many features is completely unacceptable for a top tier, expensive tablet.

That also doesn't fix the slow charging problem - my S2 9.7 takes almost 2 WEEKS to charge anywhere near 100% - and that is with the tablet off.

To make matters worse my S2 8.0 started doing the same exact thing today.

Now I have 2 expensive paperweights. 

PHauchon
Constellation

@Angus66 wrote:

Having to turn off so many features is completely unacceptable for a top tier, expensive tablet.

That also doesn't fix the slow charging problem - my S2 9.7 takes almost 2 WEEKS to charge anywhere near 100% - and that is with the tablet off.

To make matters worse my S2 8.0 started doing the same exact thing today.

Now I have 2 expensive paperweights. 

Thy why, I repeat and repeat again that we don't have to play or trick application, nor system or else to have this expensive device working properly. It's a shame that Samsung not admit and worst not even try to find a solution, or worst not give us an intelligent answer. 

The Corean's look a bit Jamed and frozen. Maybe Samsung is in Bankruptcy....?

Maybe the only way to have them move is a lawsuit. We never know.....

Ho! Last thing, maybe they full us with  programmed obsolescence........

Angus66
Constellation

I've been working on this issue for the last week almost non-stop & have yet to find a solution without success.

I've tried every available Samsung (factory) firmware with no improvement - I've reflashed the firmware on both my S2 tablets so many times I can now do it with my eyes closed.

Both of my tablets simply won't draw more than .15 amps from a charger & cable that every other device I own pulls 1.0 - 1.5 amps from.

This leads me to believe the problem is in the charging circuitry itself and has nothing to do with chargers, cables or software.

Battery powered devices need 3 things to charge correctly:

1 a charger that can supply the required voltage and amps.

2 a cable that can supply that voltage/amps. 

a device that can request & handle the required voltage & amps.

Modern USB chargers won't supply more juice than a device requests to avoid damaging the device.

Based on everything I've seen on both my tablets the hardware just isn't requesting the required power they need for the battery to charge properly.

In short the tablets are only drawing .08 - .15 amps so that's all the charger & cable are supplying.

As an example, plug a recent model Samsung phone into an older PC using a standard USB-A /micro USB cable and it will only charge at a rate of about .15 - .50 amps because that is all that the old USB 1.0 standard could supply.

In this case changing the cable or the device being charged has ZERO effect because the USB 1.0 port is unable to supply more juice no matter the demand.

PHauchon
Constellation

PHauchon
Constellation

OK! But explain me why after rolling back from 7.0 to 6.0.1 everything was working fine on my T813 without tricking apps, cable or charger 

Highlighted
PHauchon
Constellation

OK! But explain me why after rolling back from 7.0 to 6.0.1 everything was working fine on my T813 without tricking apps, cable or charger 

@Angus66 wrote:

I've been working on this issue for the last week almost non-stop & have yet to find a solution without success.

I've tried every available Samsung (factory) firmware with no improvement - I've reflashed the firmware on both my S2 tablets so many times I can now do it with my eyes closed.

Both of my tablets simply won't draw more than .15 amps from a charger & cable that every other device I own pulls 1.0 - 1.5 amps from.

This leads me to believe the problem is in the charging circuitry itself and has nothing to do with chargers, cables or software.

Battery powered devices need 3 things to charge correctly:

1 a charger that can supply the required voltage and amps.

2 a cable that can supply that voltage/amps. 

a device that can request & handle the required voltage & amps.

Modern USB chargers won't supply more juice than a device requests to avoid damaging the device.

Based on everything I've seen on both my tablets the hardware just isn't requesting the required power they need for the battery to charge properly.

In short the tablets are only drawing .08 - .15 amps so that's all the charger & cable are supplying.

As an example, plug a recent model Samsung phone into an older PC using a standard USB-A /micro USB cable and it will only charge at a rate of about .15 - .50 amps because that is all that the old USB 1.0 standard could supply.

In this case changing the cable or the device being charged has ZERO effect because the USB 1.0 port is unable to supply more juice no matter the demand.

OK explain me why after rolling back from 7.0 to 6.0.1 my tablet T813 works fine without thinking about charger, cable and so on

user6LzxKhKKA7
Constellation

after all the exploding phones, samsung probably set software to limit charging of the battery.   This renders samsung devices useless.  my self my galaxy tab s2 battery swelled up like a bag of popcorn.. popped the glass plate off the front and the plastic off the back.  my device discharges WHILE PLUGGED IN.. if i use a wifi camera.  if not plugged in it discharges in hour or less.  I don't feel as bad that i got my kids ipads.  I bought a new battery and the battery wont charge just flashes a grey battery symbol  then the samesung name  flashes that while plugged in  not plugged in it's a brick.