cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryqPV532yYM
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Seriously guys, fix this f#*king issue. I have had problems for 10 months with this sh*t. I am tempted to completely move away from Samsung. It is totally unacceptable. 

Battery drains 30% over night and will not charge with any charger unless turned off. Battery replacement and factory reset also performed.

Google play disable does not fix my issue. Model SM-T710.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sadly if you have tried all of the troubleshooting for this issue, then repairs are all we can recommend for the tablet. Feel free to shoot us a PM; http://bit.ly/2igAXKH with your serial number, if you would like for us to look into service options for you. 

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

I bought an LG V30 and love it.  Battery life and the size of phone is great.  Samsung is horrible at fixing problems with updates.  I hate apple but I can see why people go with them just because of their customer service and acknowledging they have a problem with an update.  My Note 4 updated and it fryed the motherboard.  Now my wife's Samsung s2 classic watch just overheated while charging and it won't turn on.  I'm done with buying Samsung.

useryqPV532yYM
Constellation

I have PMed, lets see how this gets resolved (or how much they want to charge me).

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

Sadly repairs cannot fix an update that drains battery. Any "fix" will still be running the latest update which still will drain the battery.
useryqPV532yYM
Constellation

Completely agree that they won't be able to fix this and will try and charge me stupid amounts of money for a "repair".

Going to test out installing September 2017 firmware: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s2-firmware/ 

userQqXvHwvDMI
Constellation

I installed the old firmware, T713XXU2BQI1, and it didnt help, still slow charging. V frustrating and I dont understand because it was just after the most recent firmware update, a few days ago when I installed it, that the slow charging started.

@userQqXvHwvDMI wrote:

I installed the old firmware, T713XXU2BQI1, and it didnt help, still slow charging. V frustrating and I dont understand because it was just after the most recent firmware update, a few days ago when I installed it, that the slow charging started.

i assume the downgrade made you reset everything back to factory defaults, right?

mito
userAavxgzFuzW
Constellation

Mine also slow charging after update.  My model is Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T813 Andiord Version 7.0 Security patch level June 1, 2018, Kernel 3.10.84-13024869, Build NRD90M.T813XXS2BRF2.  After the update my tablet is very slow charging, I am using the orginal charger, but different cable, I have tried other cables and other charges.  If I put the tablet into max power saving it will slowly charge the battery with it on, otherwise in normal battery mode with nothing open battery slowly drains while being pluged in.  With the Tablet off, after 12 hours charging its a whopping 11%.  I have drained the power, I have disabled Google play plus unistalled apps I was no longer using and even disabled other google apps, still same issue.  Samsung this is a software issue you need to fix it, my tablets is not even two years old.    When I look at use details it says computed power usage 10 mAh in normal battery mode

userAavxgzFuzW
Constellation

Update to my just recent post I went to Walmart and bought a Samsung branded fast charger model EP-TA20JWE with cable and now all the suddent the tablet charging normal speed and not fast discharging, with everything re-enabled so Samsung only allowing their branded charger and cable to work with the tablet.