cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbcxI1RNzpu
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Not true. Galaxy s2 9.7 here, and battery life is trash. What once was a great gift for my wife is now a p as overweight. Love Samsung. Hate Nougat. And this tablet.

@CDub0512 wrote:

I'm having the same issues. I have also noticed it getting really hot when charging and off the charger on the bottom by the home button. I have a Tab S2 9.7 and it works fine. It's the Tab S2 8 that is having barely 3 hours of life. 

logs..

mito
NinG
Asteroid

I had tried disabling the PlayStore per previous suggestions here, and it seemed to help, but I kept having to re-enabling it to use it. 

My latest attempt to overcome the problem was to keep the Playstore enabled but turn off automatic updates. At the same time out of frustration, I tested many combinations of all the different charging wires, usb adaptor blocks, and various power strips & extension wires we have. I don't know if the latter matters, but the Ampere app seemed to show some differences. 

I hope disabling auto updates in the Playstore will be the big saver. So far (~18 hours including an overnight) I have seen a great improvement in battery life.  Fingers crossed. 

I don't consider this a solution, but a workaround; but it is one I can live with. 

user4LwS1riQKg
Constellation

@NinG wrote:

My latest attempt to overcome the problem was to keep the Playstore enabled but turn off automatic updates.

I hope disabling auto updates in the Playstore will be the big saver. So far (~18 hours including an overnight) I have seen a great improvement in battery life.  Fingers crossed. 

Just to be sure, do you mean turning off auto update for all apps inside the Playstore settings like described below? Or do you mean turning off updates for the Playstore app alone, or the firmware of the tablet?

Update Apps Automatically
  1. From the Play Store Home screen, tap the Menu icon (upper-left)
  2. Tap Settings .
  3. Tap Auto-update apps then select one of the following: Do not auto-update apps. Auto-update apps at any time. Data charges may apply. Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Disable auto updates for all apps inside the Playstore. 

Thereal_llama
Constellation

Didn't help. Should I try getting a Samsung fast charger? My tablet is actually in the process of updating to the new update. Anyway to cancel it? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No, if you try to cancel an update you'll wind up with a corrupted tablet and have to go through a factory reset. Getting a Samsung brand fast charger might fix this for you.

Thereal_llama
Constellation

Got it. I'll try that.

Thereal_llama
Constellation

If the charger works, should I try finishing the update?

PHauchon
Constellation

Don't buy any charger or cable the problem is the upgrade Nougat 7.0. Samsung want a use to sell charger and cables. If you read all the forum of this community you'll understand the problem. The fast battery draining as nothing to do with charger and cable. 

In the worst case Samsung should supply to all of us theses equipments free of charge. Ask-them just to see what they'll answer you........

@Thereal_llama wrote:

Didn't help. Should I try getting a Samsung fast charger? My tablet is actually in the process of updating to the new update. Anyway to cancel it?