cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Did you ever find a solution...I have the same model number SM-T813  9.7in.

I really am desperate for help....this is nuts....been charging since yesterday morning 18 hours later at 69%!!!!!

If you can help it would be appreciated. Sincerely, Cheri

userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

Can you please tell me all the fixes you mentioned in this forum....I am ready to drop kick my tablet. It's a 9.7 S2 tablet. Please reply to cheri2010@hotmail.com

Cheri Wasser

user0AliGXCinq
Constellation

@userOmHTs3htV8 wrote:

Thanks. This seems to have fixed my battery drain issue. Went to bed last night and battery was 98, in the morning aboutb 8am it was 96%.

Before doing this tip it would go from 100% at night to 23% in the am.

Hey ... what exactly did you do .... I canot find the topic you are reffering to

userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

Yes, please tell me what you did.
userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

Please tell me what helped you....cant seem to follow your thread.
userbcxI1RNzpu
Constellation

Not true. Galaxy s2 9.7 here, and battery life is trash. What once was a great gift for my wife is now a p as overweight. Love Samsung. Hate Nougat. And this tablet.

@CDub0512 wrote:

I'm having the same issues. I have also noticed it getting really hot when charging and off the charger on the bottom by the home button. I have a Tab S2 9.7 and it works fine. It's the Tab S2 8 that is having barely 3 hours of life. 

logs..

mito
NinG
Asteroid

I had tried disabling the PlayStore per previous suggestions here, and it seemed to help, but I kept having to re-enabling it to use it. 

My latest attempt to overcome the problem was to keep the Playstore enabled but turn off automatic updates. At the same time out of frustration, I tested many combinations of all the different charging wires, usb adaptor blocks, and various power strips & extension wires we have. I don't know if the latter matters, but the Ampere app seemed to show some differences. 

I hope disabling auto updates in the Playstore will be the big saver. So far (~18 hours including an overnight) I have seen a great improvement in battery life.  Fingers crossed. 

I don't consider this a solution, but a workaround; but it is one I can live with. 

user4LwS1riQKg
Constellation

@NinG wrote:

My latest attempt to overcome the problem was to keep the Playstore enabled but turn off automatic updates.

I hope disabling auto updates in the Playstore will be the big saver. So far (~18 hours including an overnight) I have seen a great improvement in battery life.  Fingers crossed. 

Just to be sure, do you mean turning off auto update for all apps inside the Playstore settings like described below? Or do you mean turning off updates for the Playstore app alone, or the firmware of the tablet?

Update Apps Automatically
  1. From the Play Store Home screen, tap the Menu icon (upper-left)
  2. Tap Settings .
  3. Tap Auto-update apps then select one of the following: Do not auto-update apps. Auto-update apps at any time. Data charges may apply. Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Disable auto updates for all apps inside the Playstore.