cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
offical_kirb
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Didn't help. Should I try getting a Samsung fast charger? My tablet is actually in the process of updating to the new update. Anyway to cancel it? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No, if you try to cancel an update you'll wind up with a corrupted tablet and have to go through a factory reset. Getting a Samsung brand fast charger might fix this for you.

offical_kirb
Constellation

Got it. I'll try that.

offical_kirb
Constellation

If the charger works, should I try finishing the update?

PHauchon
Constellation

Don't buy any charger or cable the problem is the upgrade Nougat 7.0. Samsung want a use to sell charger and cables. If you read all the forum of this community you'll understand the problem. The fast battery draining as nothing to do with charger and cable. 

In the worst case Samsung should supply to all of us theses equipments free of charge. Ask-them just to see what they'll answer you........

@offical_kirb wrote:

Didn't help. Should I try getting a Samsung fast charger? My tablet is actually in the process of updating to the new update. Anyway to cancel it? 

offical_kirb
Constellation

@PHauchon wrote:

Don't buy any charger or cable the problem is the upgrade Nougat 7.0. Samsung want a use to sell charger and cables. If you read all the forum of this community you'll understand the problem. The fast battery draining as nothing to do with charger and cable. 

In the worst case Samsung should supply to all of us theses equipments free of charge. Ask-them just to see what they'll answer you........

@offical_kirb wrote:

I agree. The charger did work for me and I still think it should have been free and not costed $35.

userUpQzT0kTg4
Constellation

I posted this in another thread on similar problem;

"I have tried multiple cables (that work fine with all other phones - Samsung S7/Galaxy tab S2 9.7/Sony etc)

I have tried multiple chargers (Samsung quick charge as well as Samsung standard and Anker 6 port charger)

Tried changing the USB mode (*#0808#)

I have tried resetting device (long press vol up/down/power)

When connecting device to PC to use Odin to downgrade it is not even seen by Windows 10 (again it only charges albeit slowly - this to me is an indication that D+/D- are not handled correctly by the PMIC sw which in my mind is the root cause of this whole issue)."

The other thread is @ https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-s2-8-0-slow-charging/m-p/442238

PHauchon
Constellation

@userUpQzT0kTg4 wrote:

I posted this in another thread on similar problem;

"I have tried multiple cables (that work fine with all other phones - Samsung S7/Galaxy tab S2 9.7/Sony etc)

I have tried multiple chargers (Samsung quick charge as well as Samsung standard and Anker 6 port charger)

Tried changing the USB mode (*#0808#)

I have tried resetting device (long press vol up/down/power)

When connecting device to PC to use Odin to downgrade it is not even seen by Windows 10 (again it only charges albeit slowly - this to me is an indication that D+/D- are not handled correctly by the PMIC sw which in my mind is the root cause of this whole issue)."

@the other thread is @ https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-s2-8-0-slow-charging/m-p/442238

Hi!

What does your post mean for the non geek like me?

We are here concerned about fast drain on battery. Not a charging problem. It may be related but I am not sure.

I downgraded my Tab S2 T813 from 7.0 to 6.0 by mean of ODIN trough my Microsoft surface pro  4 and it worked for me. Now I have a decent battery life again without doing nothing else than restore all my applications  and else (previously saved).

I maintain that the problem occur since the 7.0 Nougat upgrade. 

Is that the essence of your post?

SAMSUNG MENTION AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT BRICKED OF THE DEVICES MAY VOID THE WARRANTY. This sempiternal sentence from them doesn't solve our battery fast drain. They should say or they should find a more intelligent answer or solution for all of us.

We shouldn't have to go into settings to trick somes applications to get more battery life. If this was supposed to works (that is not the case according to a lot of post in this forum) that mean that they don't design properly their upgrade 7.0 Nougat and they have to rework it.

I am not a geek and lot of us are not geeks too. Meaning that we bought a Samsung device assuming that theses devices gives us a good and long service that is not the case in any way.

Wake up SAMSUNG!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Yes, you'll want to keep the device fully up to date.

offical_kirb
Constellation

It worked! The solution was the get a express charger! Thank you!

@SamsungJace wrote:

Yes, you'll want to keep the device fully up to date.