cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userC4L7xf1YmZ
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

I just started having the problem a couple of days ago. Everything was fine. Then I thought maybe it was draining a little fast, but thought it was my imagination. Then yesterday, it went from full charge to 0 in a couple of hours when I wasn't using it AT ALL!

I did a factory reset last night. Charged to 100% overnight. Have done nothing with it this morning for the last hour and a half except check the battery indicator three times. It's at 92%. I just put it into Airplane Mode, just to see if that helps at all. Probably not, but I can hope. Unless someone has a solution, I'm tossing the thing and buying the new iPad Mini.

And I just bought a new case that I love. I'm so bummed.

userhsBvswoubo
Constellation

Having the same problem. It updated two days ago, and now it drains within a day. I can see it draining 1% every two minuts on chrome, where prior to, it would drain every 10-15 minutes with the same activity. Also left it overnight, and drained from 35% to 8%, where prior to update it would drain 2-3%. How can we roll back the update?

userHLdBe0K90r
Constellation

wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 logo screen displays, release all three keys, then press and quickly release the Power key
  4. 'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. When the wipe is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
  9. let idle 12 hours
  10. smile

I also had update and battery draining like 20% over night, under battery usage it said android was 17% and idle was 19% screen 11%,.. Since trying this wiping the system cache solution 7 hours ago , battery usage is a stright line on idle like it was new instead of a slow steady decline.. I really didnt have high hopes for this solution fixing battery life but it did, thank smart people. I share the word now for others who kinda got sad over this.

userHLdBe0K90r
Constellation

ok nows its been 16 hours idle, did not drain a single % - Reset system cache guys(unrelated to factory reset, factory reset does not clean system cache)..I also read its something that should be done after every software update to clear away old system settings conflicting with the new software and its settings. And please, if this worked for you too, Share the information at least once, save a life Smiley Very Happy.

userhsBvswoubo
Constellation

Tried resetting the system cache. Left the tab idle overnight for seven hours. Started at 84%, ended with 74%. Not such a good result for me. I will try it once more. If it doesn't work, I may have to roll back to 6.0.1. All battery shows is. 01% and below use of five apps, which should not total 10% in seven hours. 

userAhRXJvTvGW
Astronaut

Bought Tab S2 about a fortnite ago and was shocked by rate of battery drain, same as many on this forum. Read all 27 pages of this forum and tried your solution of 28/12/2018 ie. change playstore settings to update only when charging.  This appears to have solved the issue. 

After full 100% charge and left on standby for 4 hours s2 still read 100%!   

Left it on standby overnight  (18 hours later)  s2 read 99%.  (Fell over with amazement!  Up to this point it would regularly lose 15 - 20% on standby overnight) 

Anyway, I'll monitor the s2 over the next few weeks and let you know if there are any further developments.   

Many Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhsBvswoubo
Constellation

Left it charged overnight, for seven hours. Started at 100%, came back to it in the morning to 58%. Play store is set to manual update. I will try resetting the cache once more. If it doesn't work work  then this is unacceptable. I will roll back to 6.0.1. Prior to the update, I went on vacation for five days and only lost a couple of percentage of battery charge. After the update, won't last a full day. 

userhsBvswoubo
Constellation

Nothing seems to be working correctly in keeping charge. Even with play store disabled, left it at 83% charge, and woke up seven hours later at 41%. I am forced to roll back to 6.0.1 to get my device working properly again. 

userf1ud2TngFJ
Constellation

Well done, worked for me!