cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertJx12cmT3w
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

This is looking very suspicious now as this problem has been around for some time but no apologies from Samsung or a software up date (if it is a software problem) as yet.

We have three tablets ,two with charging problems, we also have four Samsung phones but don't think we will be staying with Samsung in the future.

user1EhhmLKsQM
Constellation

SOLUTION: Go to Settings; Device Maintenace; click on Battery; Always Sleeping Apps. Put all of them to sleep so they dont run in the background. I also disabled Google Play app. My battery is great now. Before doing this it lasted about a half day. Now I am well over 24 hours and have 40 percent left.

PHauchon
Constellation

@user1EhhmLKsQM wrote:

SOLUTION: Go to Settings; Device Maintenace; click on Battery; Always Sleeping Apps. Put all of them to sleep so they dont run in the background. I also disabled Google Play app. My battery is great now. Before doing this it lasted about a half day. Now I am well over 24 hours and have 40 percent left.

Hi! As I mentioned many times in my former posts in this forum Samsung did bad upgrade 7.0 Nougat for this tablet "TAB S2" and maybe others devices.

I own mine (T813) since mid 2018 and it was preloaded with 7.0. From the first time I powered it on the battery lasting time was a huge mess. I losted the power drastically 

Less than one day and the power gone. Worst, it loosed power even in standby mode. I tried almost all the solutions noticed in this forum and nothing was working. Even putting apps off in background.

Finally what I have done after few month was to downgrade to 6.0.1 Marshmallow. At this time everything's was going back to "normal" with a decent battery lasting time.

I mentioned many time that we don't have to trick the device to get it working normally, meaning playing with settings. Normally you power on your device and it should get you the maximum efficiency.

Finally, 2 days ago I decided to reinstall the upgrade 7.0. I reinstalled it through my computer with Smartswitch. It tooks time because the tablet restart 3 time before upgrade was completed. Since this time and with apps not running in background the battery time looks better, almost like it was with 6.0.1. 

It's an improvement but it's not the haven. Normally I repeat we should not trick the device to have it running normally.

Conclusion, even if my situation improved a lot with the reinstallation of 7.0 it's far to be perfect and Samsung it's fully responsible for this messy upgrade. 

Really speaking the only solution is to get them in court for their very very bad support for our case. For my concern it looks like PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE like did APPLE.

user1qiV3BVnd4
Asteroid

Hi, after some months after discovering possible culprit I can by all certainty say that the main reason for draining of the batter on 8" Samsung S2 SM-T713 (Android 7.0) tablet is the sole feature FIND MY DEVICE which you can find Settings\Lock screen and security\Other security settings\Device administrators\ . It is not directly Google Play Store or always sleep. So in order to avoid this drain you need to disable "Find My Device" setting. Please see the photo. http://shrani.si/f/M/jE/NXHhabx/findmydevice.png But remember, if you will restart your tablet or your tablet will run out of batter and you will start again this feature will be enabled again so you need to disable "Find My Device" feature again. Sometimes also some update will enable this feature. I discovered this today as I saw that the battery usage graph started to become again very steep (see photo). http://shrani.si/f/6/sY/17JvJBhO/battery.png I checked "Find my device" setting and yes, of course it was enabled. Just to explain you this graph. I use tablet only for series watching when i travel with train. And you can see normal drain of the battery for the 3 days and decline when i watched my series on train for 3 days. But today you can also see a bit more decline even though I did not used my tablet yet. Tablet was updated with some updates and feature Find My Device was enabled which if I would leave it on would exhaust the battery in few hours. Question for me is if there is a chance that we can permanently disable "Find My Device" feature? Best regards and I hope this helped someone with a drain.
delfinus
Constellation

I experiemnted and here is the final solution for this battery drain for Samsung S2 tablets (Android 7.0).

Go to: Settings / Google / Security / Find My Device / on the top right  there is a slider and put it to OFF

This is it. The end of problem also if you restart your tablet you will not have a drain anymore. You can also enable your Google Store and use it as before. I tried this for few days and I did not observed any drain anymore. My previous reply here is just above this one and this last is a final solution which permanently disable Find My Device which is the culprit for this drain as it does not work correctly and take way too much power