cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user2G1dgJKLPt
Astronaut

I am having the same problem but have no clue how to send you a private message.  My serial number is <Hidden>.  I would also recommend making those numbers LARGER. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Tell me about it, those numbers are WAY too tiny. To send a private message you can use this link: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH  Please include the full model code in your message. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userSamTabS2
Constellation

I am having the same issues with very high battery use on a brand new Tab S2 8.0.  It auto updated to 7.0 out of the box so I can't compare it to 6.0. But it's the battery drains much faster than when using my ancient Nexus 7.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you reset since the update?  

userSamTabS2
Constellation

Yes. I have done a full factory reset. Still have the same problems with high battery usage.

For me, I turned off wifi during sleep, so the sleep battery usage seems normal. But actual use just burns through the battery. Just surfing the web will kill the battery in 2 hours, mayyyybe 3, hours.

My five year old Nexus 7 lasts 5-6 hours of the same use.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?  

userZdEpSe8UqQ
Constellation

I also had this problem with my s6. I eventually got a new phone-an s5-it got to the point where I had to have the phone charging in order to use it. When I asked for help, I was directed to run it in safe mode/factory reset. Neither helped. I'm afraid to run the update on my s5 because I cannot afford another phone if this comes up again. Very disappointing...

userGkMetaTQwv
Constellation

I have the exact same problem with my tab S2 9.7 T813 (battery life dropped from 5-6 days to only 1 day now, overnight drain went from 2-3% to 50%).

I had tried resetting the tablet to factory settings and I kept wifi turned off but still the battery dropped 50% overnight.

So I had it sent back for repair, because I couldn't fix it myself.

When the tablet came back after 2 weeks, the samsung repair technician said it was fixed.

The sotware had been reset and a new changer and cable came with it.

I charged it again with this new charger, but nothing has changed. The battery still drains much too fast.

Is this a known issue after the Nougat update?

Does anybody at Samsung knows a real fix for this problem?

This is indeed very disappointing...

usermXSIjMutSX
Astronaut

Exactly the same with my Galaxy Tab S2. Battery drain ridiculous,  took it in for repair which consisted of changing the battery  (apparently) and providing a new cable and charger. Absolutely no difference.  Takes 7 hours+ to fully charge and not much longer to be back to zero.