cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userI97T3SJahR
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

This is exactly what is happening to my Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 T-817V. I used to be able to let it sit idle for a week, now it sits idle for 2 days and it's dead. Charging also takes forever now and it doesn't seem to fast charge anymore.

userzH1hg1nV6Z
Constellation

As expected, this made absolutely no change in behavior. I left the tablet overnight and in the morning the battery is down to 50% where as normally it would drop only about 2-3% overnight. I have shutoff all background apps and the battery meter only reports about 5% usage split between WiFi Screen and Idle. I don't know why the battery reporting can't at least say who is consuming the battery.

JudiT
Constellation

Tried this. No change. Since Nougat update, I can put my Tab S2 to sleep, come back in an hour, and it's almost dead. Background stuff, notifications, etc all turned off. HELP!!!!!!

usersf0LUK1qTH
Astronaut

What good is it in safe mode if you cant open downloaded apps? Not helpful  

useryRXBhHUFPL
Constellation

Same problem here. Disabling google play did help. I wonder if it is only tge tab s2 the one with the problem  they need to fix it!

userHQnCRU86qW
Astronaut

Same problem here. The issues began after my wife updated the tablet to Nougat. I've done hours of troubleshooting, including removing all apps, soft reset and a full reset. I've tried using Nougat's new power save features and disabling WiFi. Nothing seems to work. I truly believe this is an issue with Nougat itself. Unfortunately, it would cost more to pay the deductible to 'fix' it than we owe on the tablet to T-Mobile. You would think a problem like this would be caught during the development and testing phase, long before deploying the software en-mass. Regardless, the battery life is now abysmal and a charger is a requirement if you plan to take it anywhere. I feel like someone stole my Tab S2 and replaced it with a generic knock off. Very disappointing.
useryB60Qc7d83
Constellation

I just did a search to see if I was the only one having this issue.  The battery went from 92% to 24% overnight with all apps closed and an extremely strong 5G WiFi signal throughout my home.  I have tried uninstalling apps, deleting any content on the tablet.  I even turned the tablet off overnight last night and it still dropped from 89% to 82% with the unit POWERED DOWN COMPLETELY!  I never lost that kind of power prior to this with the unit on and apps still running.

I don't know what has happened, but I can no longer rely on my tablet to run long enough for a cross country plane flight without absolutely needing a fully charged mega charger to be the supplemental power supply.  OK for a plane flight, not ok for everyday use.  Can someone please explain what's happened to the great battery life that my tablet once had?

JudiT
Constellation

Oh gosh, me too. I've done all the troubleshooting, resetting. Any word on a fix yet?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Her you reset since the update?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userbwdn9ioyBi
Astronaut

Same here - I reset the tablet - changed the Battery myself - and it still goes from 100 to zero in 14 to 16 hours with no on screen use.

Thought it was me - guess not.  Betting we NEVER see an update again from Samsung