cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxAVKGFihdv
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

New user here, I experienced the same issue. A charged S2 SM-T713 tablet running Android 7.0, Jan. 1 '18 patch, sat on nightstand for 24 hrs and battery was completely drained. This is a brand new tablet with very little loaded on it. When I look at the battery usage it shows no culprit - a few apps using very little (all well < 1%). In a couple weeks of use the tablet has gone to 0% battery more than a few times unexpectedly.

Based on this thread I changed the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" setting. Too soon to see how much this helps.

I wanted to jump on here to say that if Samsung thinks there is no issue they are not listening. Our household has two active iPads and another Nexus Android, I know my new S2 has a power consumption issue. I have a little time to decide, I may return this and get a Huawei MediaPad. I don't have time to always worry about the S2 battery level and keeping it plugged in.

Astra
Constellation

Well I have been monitoring my tablet and tested how much power (amps) it's pulling from the charger and I think in my case it's the power IC. I downgraded the firmware to marshmallow 6.0.1 which made little difference. Reset the device and cleared the cache once again no real difference. The only success charging is via my pc port which has gotten the tablet charged to 40%. 

Samsung do have battery issues, that's well documented, it's not necessarily the fault of Samsung, it happens with electronic supplies as with anything. They buy in the batteries as far as I'm aware so this stuff can happen. 

I'm waiting on the power IC's that I ordered yesterday before I open the tablet up. It's out of warranty. Maybe it's the battery but I doubt it. The behaviour I've observed is almost certainly a hardware one. Who knows if the software update was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm fortunate in the fact I can pretty much fix most things. 

I'm not suggesting that all these issues are the same but I'd certainly consider it's linked. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We appreciate the input.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userIpHMV3eGHC
Constellation

samsungjam Samsung Moderator:

1. Can you provide a definitive statement as to when this problem with be fixed?

2. Can you provide better instructions on how to revert to prior versions that did not have this problem? When I first purchased my tablet battery life in standby was two to three weeks but the fall of 2017 update reduced standby time to three to four days and the most recent update reduced standby time to hours. This is rapidly destroying the tablet batteries.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

1) Sadly if you have tried all of the troubleshooting for this issue, then repairs are all we can recommend for the tablet. 

2) There is no Samsung authorized method to reverting firmware/software. The only method we know of for doing this is rooting the tablet which voids all warranties and we cannot provide steps for this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

incrypto
Constellation

My battery life is also really terrible. It was 100% on Friday evening, and I didn't use it once all weekend, and it was 0% last night when I went to use it. Is Samsung planning to provide a fix for this? Earlier in this thread there was an incidation that they were planning to, but why is it taking so long? Can someone from Samsung please confirm that an update is coming and also when?

Supernova

I apologize, we are unable to speculate on any future updates. 

userBl7e2nIfq2
Constellation

Samsung is being incredibly irresponsible in their responses.  Why have you ignored multiple users' requests to toll back the O.S.?  It cerrainly makes more sense to try that than the obviously unhelpful repeated suggestions for resets.  Not happy at all with this forum!

@userBl7e2nIfq2 wrote:

Samsung is being incredibly irresponsible in their responses.  Why have you ignored multiple users' requests to toll back the O.S.?  It cerrainly makes more sense to try that than the obviously unhelpful repeated suggestions for resets.  Not happy at all with this forum!

Exactly The OS has been a total Diseaster for samsung it has caused nothing but trouble from battery drains on the phones too losing the custom text tone feature among other things!! Samsung isn't about to say we made this error they will keep with what they are told too say!!

user8sWgYSH0ee
Constellation

Funnily enough, I thought I was reading stories about other S3s.  Guess Samsung batteries suck all the way around.  I was just getting ready to ask if anyone knew how to get the back of the S3 so I didn't have to shell out even more money to someone to replace the battery in this thing, but maybe that would just lead to even more frustration.