cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userV2IzfyvNQw
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

I am also experiencing the drained battery without any usage problem. My 5 years older iPad never does this. I can leave my iPad for weeks and go back to it... battery might have drained 10%. My Samsung Galaxy S2 8.0 tablet... drains about 50% per day without any usage. I have fully charged it to 100% and then picked it up two days later to stare at a black screen... until I plug it in to find out the battery has drained completely.

One of the people on here posted about his/her case possibly causing the issue. I have an official Samsung Folio case which was really tough to attach. I am going to remove it and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, then I'll try the factory reset.

Jim

Supernova

Are you using the original charging cord and adapter? 

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

I'm using the original charger and cord.  It has no problem charging.  Ever since the last update the battery drain at least 2x as fast as it ever has. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you tell us if the battery drain remains the same while the tablet is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userfJUfIS11q0
Constellation

So since June of last year there still no real answer? Seems like we are back to square one with the whole "safe mode" solution...

thanks

A

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

Yes, the Battery still drains in safe mode

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If it's draining in Safe Mode, the next step would be to have a software re-flash done. This can be done at any local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Center. 

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

I can do that but it's been since the last security update this year that the battery is draining fast.  They are just going to reflash the same update which is what I have.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the software re-flash does not help, then the device will require service.

userDUUCHybg7j
Asteroid

If everyone with a tab S2 is having battery drain only after the latest software update how would it be the device all of the sudden for everyone that is the problem?  For years the devices battery is great and then right after a software update everyone's battery is draining fast.  How is the possibly everyone's device?